@ Yoshie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @ Yoshie

Well Bri, my Scots night took in such delights as...

Brewdog Punk IPA - very disappointing. I renember it being great in abottle, but it was too thick and hard work on tap maybe ot surpising at 6%. Inclined to give it the benrft of the doubt as a beerfest is a pretty beer-hostile environmnet.

Brewdog Trashy Blonde - Wonderful! Could have drunk gallons of this but with 350+ beers on tap...

Harviestoun Schiehallieon - could do wonders educating 'lager drinkers' as to how good a lager can be. Really enjoyed it, but not a great follow on from that minging Punk IPA.

Harviestoun Game Burd - awesome! A great session beer I reckon. Just need a session

Highland Orkney Blast - my beer of the show. What a fatastic brew! I need some of this for winter when sitting in front of a log fire with no place to be. Perfect pre-bed beer - especially at 6%

Highland Scapa Special - odd. I think it was probably cos the beer before it was pretty heavy. Would like to try this again on a fresh palate. I bet its a great BBQ beer with lots of red meat!

Inveralmond Thrappledouser - Inoffensive easy drinking bitter. Tasting notes reckon it was floral and spicy. No. It's 'just' a good bitter.

Inveralmond Sunburst Pilsner - Didn't work for me. Didn't taste 'ready'. Bit yeasty, probably not sat long enough. Might be better tomorrow,so I'll give it the benefit of the dubt.

I started with an english sbeer but thats not applicable - and it wasn't ethat good antyway.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Apache; 13 August 2010, 00:12.
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Trashy Blonde - Fantastic beer.
    The Punk is also very drinkable maybe it was just the show condition, pity.
    At 6% thou it is much stronger than my normal preferance.

Harviestoun Schiehallieon - you are spot on who would have belived lager could be like that.
    The Harvieston plant is 7 mile from my door. Ideal for when we run out
    Harviestoun Game Burd - again agreed lovely ale.

Highland Orkney Blast - will have to get that in for a wee trial then but again a 6% I hope it's not to tasty.

Never tried the rest.

I must say at 350 beers that's a dam fine event.
    Brian

Comment

Sounds and lokks like a great event, I'm in agreement on the IPA, tried it from a bottle and wasn't impressed, the Trashy Blonde is nice though.

Get some Williams Brothers ale down yer neck, I have developed a fair liking for the Grozet ale, fruity and excellent BBQ beer.
      Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Working...
      X