Braided brake hoses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Braided brake hoses?

Major service time on the truck this week. Is it worth replacing the brake hoses with braided ones? There's been no problems or MOT advisory, it's just that I'll be replacing brake fluid, 'cos it's probably still the original, and wondered if the braking is improved at all by replacing the hoses with the braided variety.
    Cheers
    Dave

If it was on a motorbike I'd say absolutely 100% yes. Personal experience of how much it improves braking makes it a no-brainer for a bike.

On a 4 wheeled vehicle like a Surf? I honestly haven't a clue but I'm looking forward to hearing everyones opinions...

Comment

I fitted them but only cause I needed extended ones because of lift.
      Never noticed any real improvement but the braid stops the hose from bulging that can cause loss of brake feel.
      Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
        I fitted them but only cause I needed extended ones because of lift.
        Never noticed any real improvement but the braid stops the hose from bulging that can cause loss of brake feel.
        Same here, didn't notice any difference

Regards

TFB

Comment

I'll give it a go, based on the fact that the existing hoses are from 1994 and they must have some give in them after all this time. I'll report in due course. Thanks for the response.
          Dave

Comment

Working...
          X