Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking on grass (at home!)

Hi folks

In order to keep the missus happy and not upset the neighbours too much, I want to park my new motor (not got it yet) half on the driveway, and half on the grass.

You know that Mr Plod parks his speed detection cars/vans at the side of the road, typically on some grass which is planted so it comes through concrete lattices. He can park without churning up the grass, and it still looks reasonably nice.

Anyone know where these concrete lattices are sold?

Then I can park on the grass without actually turning it to mud.

Thanks - Jimbob

You can buy screen blocks, which are like breeze blocks with holes. Just dig out the required space, lay them on their side in said space, backfill the holes with earth from original excavation, sprinkle with grass seed, and Robert is your parent's brother.

I love this technical stuff!!

John
    http://members.dodo.com.au/burston/drinkofbeer.gifA pint of lunatic soup please!

Comment

Originally posted by jimbob_steele
      Hi folks

You know that Mr Plod parks his speed detection cars/vans at the side of the road, typically on some grass

Thanks - Jimbob

Mr plod did exactly this on a local road near me, but his £ earning didn,t last long as 2 scallys in a flat bed transit pulled onto the verge and backed up to within 6 inches of the camera, locked the doors, ignored the MAN and sat eating bacon sarnies and reading the daily sport. n1 lads

ship

ps: why worry about the grass, just hit the 4x4 button

Comment

Working...
      X