New I.C.E. Unit Fitted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New I.C.E. Unit Fitted

A while back I posted to ask if anyone could recommend a decent DVD/Bluetooth/GPS double din unit. Well no one could so I took the plunge and bought an Ebay special.

TBH I'm really impressed with it, took about an hour to fit including routing the cables for the GPS receiver and the iPod connector. Everything tried and working spot on. GPS, DVD, Bluetooth, MP3 and MP4 player. Iphone works a treat with it, great for hands free conversations!

The cable for the GPS reciever runs along the back of the glove box and tucks nicely into the gap between the windscreen and the dashboard. The iPod connector fits under the gap where I've mounted my CB radio and an iPod sits nicely in the litle cubby hole beneath it.

Here are a few pics (and yes I know the date is wrong, I've put it right since!)

'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Nice looking unit Jim.What sort of price was it
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

£205 including delivery mate, I had a 10% off voucher from Ebay so it worked out at £184.50.

Here

Comment

That seems a fair price for what the system does though
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

You haven't metioned the TV's performance and if there's an antenna supplied.

Oh, and does the screen tilt up for a better viewing angle?

Comment

Looks very good Jim, not a bad price either, display looks much "sharper" than mine,
            Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
              You haven't metioned the TV's performance and if there's an antenna supplied.

Oh, and does the screen tilt up for a better viewing angle?
              Wouldn't waste my time with the TV Vince, reception is normally crap anyway, it was the lowest of low priorities! It didn't come with an antenna.

The screen does tilt to seven different angles, makes it much easier to view on around the third tilt, any further then the auto selector catches the bottom of the screen.

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
              Looks very good Jim, not a bad price either, display looks much "sharper" than mine,
              Screen resolution is definately sharper Ian. Oh and the output to switch on an amp works on this one as well!

Comment

That output to the amp is a big improvement then, believe it or not i still haven't got any rear speakers!!! and also have never tried a CD or DVD in it, lost interest once it was installed, you'll prob get a very good TV picture if you fit a powered didital aeriel, i do, only problem is it all depends on where you are and if your stopped, i seem to only get a good pic in certain places and it breaks up as soon as i move, i get a real good pic outside my daughters house, parked up and faceing the petersfield road, so if theres owt i want to watch i go there
                Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Working...
                X