Smashed screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smashed screen

On the motorway the other day when I think some clown on the other side of the barrier chucked a golf ball onto the road, I saw a white thing for a split second then a big bang and the screen was like it had been shot, I'm only glad it was laminated. cracks from top to bottom. It's my first Surf so I'm wondering what the least painfull way of dealing with this is. Being an import does a new screen present a problem of finding the glass?

You need to update your profile with your truck details.We cant answer your questions proper as we don't know what truck you got.
    Normally you can get the replacement screens.There are some part numbers on here somewhere for the different screens for the 1st,2nd and 3rd gen
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Think he must have a 3rd gen Richard. Found this info in a previous post.

Finally got one today. 420 mile round trip but worth the effort. 97 SSRG. Blue over silver, intercooled. Jeffo.
      'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Cheers Jim.
        Heres the info you will need to order a replacement screen then.There are 2 colours for the screen
        56111 GLASS, WINDSHIELD
        56111-35100 KZN185, RZN185, VZN185..SSRG, SSRX; *TL, T=4.76, BRONZE 1 $416.72
        56111-35150 KDN185, KZN185, RZN18*, VZN18*; *TL, T=4.76, GREEN

Comment

Thanks guys. I can't see any tint in the glass, must be the plain glass one. Need to look at upgrading my profile.So pleased with the truck then this happens. Prob have to be an insurance job. There was a small chip in the screen which would have needed the resin but that doesn't matter anymore.

Comment

at least you will be able to get a tinted screen now you got the part numbers for both tints

Comment

Got my replacement screen from Autoglass after the Mrs turned our truck over. It was covered by our insurance so I just had to pay the £75 excess.

Comment

Disaster! I checked with my insurance and I'm not covered. Rang Autoglass who were about the £450 mark. It's a bonded screen and I've got a local company doing it tomorrow at £95!!!! all in. Will report on how it goes.

Comment

The screen job went well. They were there for an hour. All at £95. The guys said that there are two suppliers in the country and they supply Autoglass and other companies so I could have paid a lot more for the same screen. I briefly saw a label that said Surf 1998 on.

Comment

Working...
                  X