Why lift the suspension????? Paint???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mckirdy-services View Post
    I love the bull bars, is there anywhere selling them now the law has changed? i have a 3gen with the standard bull bar
    Only second hand on Ebay etc mate. I believe all bull bars of this kind of design are now banned from being sold new.

I have seen 3rd gens with similar bars but they're as rare as hens teeth!
    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
      Only second hand on Ebay etc mate. I believe all bull bars of this kind of design are now banned from being sold new.

I have seen 3rd gens with similar bars but they're as rare as hens teeth!
      I wonder if this would fit http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CHROME-BULL-BA...item20b2a74b19
      If it can be broken it can be fixed

Comment

Originally posted by mckirdy-services View Post

I dare say if it dosen't fit straight on it could easly be made to fit, bit of bracketry/welding etc
        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by puddlesurfer View Post
          with a 2" body lift and 2" suspension lift you should be able to get 33" tyres underneath, coupled with your spacers it will look the dogs danglys!
          2" body plus 3" suspenson {no wheel spacers, their the devils spawn}

Last edited by yoshie; 7 August 2010, 10:27.
          Brian

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post

That looks sweet Yoshie - are the wheels 33's? what size/make rims?
            “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

I built it years ago Blackpoolsparks and farmerboy have both owned/abused it since.

It was on 33" BFG and the wheels where just normal 15" alloys I drilled and bolted allan bolts and dome nuts round the rim for the look, finished off with sliver TRD stickers one one spoke of each wheel courtesy off Apache.
              Last edited by yoshie; 7 August 2010, 22:26.
              Brian

Comment

One of the nicest looking 2nd gens around... Great wheels!
                Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Mhmmn... Im having second thoughts about the spacers now, maybe I should just get bigger/wider wheels. I am seriously considering the suspension lift. Is it a big tricky job? Could the numpties at my trusted garage do it (without fkn it up or breaking anything)????? How many hours will the job take, approx?

I know to some forum members I may be asking stupid questions, but new to surfs and not a mechanic (!!!!), I havent got a clue! Thats why I joined this forum, to get good advice from the people who know
                  Rottweilers are like chocolates, you cannot have only one!

Comment

truck is fitted with 5" suspension lift and 2" body lift,30mm wheel spacers and 33 x 12.5 x 15 KL71s.ive personaly never had any problems with wheelspacers,ive always bought good quality spacers and fitted them with lashings of copper grease.yes they do snap studs but if your carefull when tightening the nuts you should be ok.

www.overfab.uk

Comment

Since this is a show off your lifted truck thread:

2" body lift, LC coils, BJ spacers
                      30mm wheel spacers and -43 offset American Racing rims wrapped in 33 x 12.5 x 15" General Grabbers because I couldn't get the equivelant BFGoodrich. I'm pleased with the tyres.
                      Attached Files
                      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
                        Since this is a show off your lifted truck thread:

2" body lift, LC coils, BJ spacers
                        30mm wheel spacers and -43 offset American Racing rims wrapped in 33 x 12.5 x 15" General Grabbers because I couldn't get the equivelant BFGoodrich. I'm pleased with the tyres.
                        that is a really good looking truck tony,lovin it.
                        www.overfab.uk

Comment

Lovely wheels Tony. Who did you bump off to get the cash they cost?!

Comment

I built it years ago Blackpoolsparks and farmerboy have both owned/abused it since.

It was on 33" BFG and the wheels where just normal 15" alloys I drilled and bolted allan bolts and dome nuts round the rim for the look, finished off with sliver TRD stickers one one spoke of each wheel courtesy off Apache.
                            you keep forgetting.
                            It did have wheel spacers, definitely. 30mm
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by blackpoolsparks; 8 August 2010, 20:22.
                            私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

I know Sparks it's just a personal thing with me, on a toy fine. I just don't like the idea of them on a truck I use for road trips and daily running.
                              Brian

Comment

...and those spacers are the reason he bumped the rock which nearly put him off the side of happy valley, and why Goran's strides smell of shit

Ergo, spacers are bad.

Doesnt alter the fact that its a great looking 2nd gen

Comment

Working...
                                X