Why lift the suspension????? Paint???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why lift the suspension????? Paint???

Hello fellow surfers, slightly drunk pixie here... (well it is Friday, beginning of the weekend and all that.. party on!) been browsing the forum and its very informative ... love it! Ive got the 2 inch body lift kit fitted, got wheel spacers on order and is now very curious as to why people fit a suspension lift? Not being mechanically minded, I dont get it... My surf is my only vehicle (thats not true, I have got a CBR as well...) so I aint going to punish it on dodgy terrain but I do want it to look the mutts nuts and be capable of anything if the need arises. So, why fit a suspension lift? What does that consist of/entail???? Bigger springs????

Another thing, now the beast has been lifted and the hideous side steps removed, im seeing loads more of the underneath and am thinking of painting it. It has been under-sealed. Im thinking of a contrasting colour to the dark green of the body and not just boring black, any suggestions?

Any advice, greatly appreciated.

Purple Pixie
    Rottweilers are like chocolates, you cannot have only one!

with a 2" body lift and 2" suspension lift you should be able to get 33" tyres underneath, coupled with your spacers it will look the dogs danglys!
    “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

Originally posted by puddlesurfer View Post
      with a 2" body lift and 2" suspension lift you should be able to get 33" tyres underneath, coupled with your spacers it will look the dogs danglys!
      off topic, ex hounslow me, were are you.

Comment

I hope the spacers are not cheap s hite or they will cause you problems.
        Even decent ones need an eye kept on them.
        Brian

Comment

Originally posted by caney View Post
          off topic, ex hounslow me, were are you.
          Me? I'm in Ruislip.

Comment

Here's why ......

No, really, a 2" suspension lift will give you better ground clearance when off roading.
            'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

When you turn all your lights on do you have to plug into the eletricity mains?

Comment

Scorpion
                You need to get one of those sun visor thingys that bolt on to the front of the windscreen to complete that look
                私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Originally posted by blackpoolsparks View Post
                  Scorpion
                  You need to get one of those sun visor thingys that bolt on to the front of the windscreen to complete that look
                  Hmmm, can't tell if that's constructive advice or constructive critisisim Gordon!

I'll take it as the former though!

TBH I'm not a big fan of those visor thingys (BDT2 had one after all). I think it makes the truck look like it's wearing a cloth cap, although Jakey Cakes (I think) has one on his truck and it does look nice.

I'm soooooooooooooo fickle!
                  'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                    I found that mine were worse when first fitted, would find one spacer nut JUST begining to work loose once every two weeks (different one each time) and would need re-torqeing (however you spell it), but they soon settled down, I still check them once a month now but haven't had to tighten them for ages. They are RT ones BTW.
                    Neal

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
                      Hmmm, can't tell if that's constructive advice or constructive critisisim Gordon!

I'll take it as the former though!

TBH I'm not a big fan of those visor thingys (BDT2 had one after all). I think it makes the truck look like it's wearing a cloth cap, although Jakey Cakes (I think) has one on his truck and it does look nice.

I'm soooooooooooooo fickle!
                      Agreed, leave it as is, it looks great like that.
                      Neal

Comment

Well, in any case its constructive
                        私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                          Someone said this to me at Avalanche. I've had "the decent" kind of spacers on for years. I don't do them up that tight either and they have never given me any issues at all. Someone said there has been times they have undone themselves on people??
                          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by blackpoolsparks View Post
                            Scorpion
                            I agree! It would suit the truck as you have the rain defenders, and bull bar. I have neither so don't think it would suit a cap. But might?
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by dieselboy; 6 August 2010, 21:52. Reason: attaching picture and more waffle
                            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Here's why ......

No, really, a 2" suspension lift will give you better ground clearance when off roading.
                              I love the bull bars, is there anywhere selling them now the law has changed? i have a 3gen with the standard bull bar
                              If it can be broken it can be fixed

Comment

Working...
                              X