Windows 7 recent windows update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 7 recent windows update

I've had issues with my office laptop and mums PC tonight. A windows update was applied last night, remove it, problem gone.
    Issues was packet loss to default gateway, causing a slow internet experience (way more than simply busy ISP).
    Other issue was Windows incorrectly setting a network interface metric in the host routing table causing Windows to prefer a 54mb wireless connection over a 1gb LAN connection.

Just thought I would post in case anyone else having the same issue. Taken me a little while to troubleshoot (cables / firmware reset on the temporary router at home etc)
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

i have had 2 blue screens today......

and its crashed twice as well....

stoopid MS always mess up stuff

Comment

our pc some times wont turn off dont know why? it has to be crashed them restarted and it then works allright.
      Danger instant idiot-------just add beer!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
        I've had issues with my office laptop and mums PC tonight. A windows update was applied last night, remove it, problem gone.
        Issues was packet loss to default gateway, causing a slow internet experience (way more than simply busy ISP).
        Other issue was Windows incorrectly setting a network interface metric in the host routing table causing Windows to prefer a 54mb wireless connection over a 1gb LAN connection.

Just thought I would post in case anyone else having the same issue. Taken me a little while to troubleshoot (cables / firmware reset on the temporary router at home etc)
        I'm using an apple product tony...every time the puter' crashes I get drunk on cider.
        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Townboy View Post
          our pc some times wont turn off dont know why? it has to be crashed them restarted and it then works allright.
          Get task manager up "ctrl-alt-delete keys together" and see whats running in the background, disable whats not needed. I stuck with XP as I think it works better and I disable uneeded services, use crap cleaner regular to bin all the temp inet files to keep it up to speed. MS, all versions, have too much garbage running behind the scenes a lot can be disabled, go to this site to see, I've used it for years with no problems:

http://www.blackviper.com/

Hazzo

Comment

Working...
          X