Recovery straps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recovery straps

I'm going to have to buy some recovery straps because I can't keep borrowing Dixies, what strength do i need?

Would these be ok?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RECOVERY-WINCH...item2c532547ff

Definately got the off roading bug now!
    Last edited by puddlesurfer; 3 August 2010, 12:41.
    “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Hiya Lee.Great to meet you and Morticia and the family.
    Those straps will be ok for what you need.Get at least 2 and some shackles aswell
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Yeah but i'd get one that's at least 7 metres. That company do them for about same price as the one you're looking at. You might want to get a couple of 5ton+ rated shackles as well.

Comment

I was thinking of getting 2 x 2or3 meters for the front/rear and a longer one to use for recovering (more likely being recovered)

Seriously thinking about getting a winch now though!

Comment

Nice one, I've just ordered a couple of 4m straps from them.
          Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Originally posted by New surfer? View Post
            I was thinking of getting 2 x 2or3 meters for the front/rear and a longer one to use for recovering (more likely being recovered)

Seriously thinking about getting a winch now though!
            you need more than a winch after your truck got flooded.How about buying a pump to pump the water out and then under carpet heating to dry the carpets..
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
              Nice one, I've just ordered a couple of 4m straps from them.
              4m is far to short for off road recovery mate. I would suggest 8m at least.
              Brian

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
                you need more than a winch after your truck got flooded.How about buying a pump to pump the water out and then under carpet heating to dry the carpets..
                I took the carpet out and jet washed it today, found drain plugs underneath, I seriously considered installing a sink drainer and plug

Comment

Originally posted by New surfer? View Post
                  I took the carpet out and jet washed it today, found drain plugs underneath, I seriously considered installing a sink drainer and plug
                  I found that using a Vax carpet washer thingy was pretty good. It's broken at the mo (can't afford the bits to fix it either!) so I only used it to suck the water out of the carpets but it was really effective.

Once I've got the replacement bits I'll wash the carpet properly...

Comment

Recieved the straps today, Good enough quality.

Comment

If you are using the tie down loops as recovery points its best to use one strap between them (a 'bridle') and another to connect to the other vehicle so it makes a 'Y' shape.

they ar not really meant for recovery and though they are used by many with no problems, this way if one fails it won't go winging its way through the rear window/windscreen of the other vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
                        Recieved the straps today, Good enough quality if a little short.
                        Brian

Comment

Originally posted by biosurf View Post
                          If you are using the tie down loops as recovery points its best to use one strap between them (a 'bridle') and another to connect to the other vehicle so it makes a 'Y' shape.

they ar not really meant for recovery and though they are used by many with no problems, this way if one fails it won't go winging its way through the rear window/windscreen of the other vehicle.
                          You are being daft and dangerous if you clip your pride and joy to someones tie down points and then try and drag them from a muddy hole.

The clue is in the title "tie down" I know an inch of weld can hold a ton bla bla but the force of a one truck dragging and nornally snatching a little on a stuck truck is way way past the design capablility of a tie down. It will end in tears.
                          Brian

Comment

Sorry Yoshie, I didn't explain, These straps are for using as tree savers or for throwing in the back of the car.
                            I use a winch front and rear when offroad, Also carry a load of other recovery gear.

Comment

Perfect Gupster was looking for rear winch pics on the modification thread you could help him out with pics of yours.
                              Brian

Comment

Working...
                              X