Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surfs in the South West

Hi folks

I'm new to Surfing, and have been viewing topics in the forum over the last week. I'm impressed with the knowledge being shared!! I need to get a new motor, as I'm getting rid of my company car. Shame, as it is a nice Celica... but the tax is just too much, now.

Has anyone used Bristol Import Center? Views - positive/negative would be appreciated. I expect I am missing something obvious.

Also, what is a Prado. They have several Surfs/Prados... and the only difference I can see from the pictures is to do with the front grill/light arrangement.

My alternative car is a Scooby Legacy. Can anyone talk me out of that, please?

Thanks - Jimbob

a prado is a landcrusier try the auction at portbury dock every 2 weeks aprox £2000 cheaper than the garage

Comment

Originally posted by jimbob_steele
      Hi folks

I'm new to Surfing, and have been viewing topics in the forum over the last week. I'm impressed with the knowledge being shared!! I need to get a new motor, as I'm getting rid of my company car. Shame, as it is a nice Celica... but the tax is just too much, now.

Has anyone used Bristol Import Center? Views - positive/negative would be appreciated. I expect I am missing something obvious.

Also, what is a Prado. They have several Surfs/Prados... and the only difference I can see from the pictures is to do with the front grill/light arrangement.

My alternative car is a Scooby Legacy. Can anyone talk me out of that, please?

Thanks - Jimbob

Just jump in a Surf and have a drive, no need to talk you out of the Legacy the drive will say it all.
      Look for the 3.0 if budget allows, it affords better cruising mph on the longer journeys, if its a ll round town stuff then theres not a lot to choose between the two for mpg.
      Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
      My choice
      Back off

Comment

Child friendly?

Thanks for the info.

I have a 1 year old daughter... what is the 'child friendliness' level of a Surf?

I believe they are built on a ladder chassis - which suggests they should be mighty strong?

Does anyone else use a baby/toddler seat in their Surf?

Thanks - Jimbob

Comment

Thanks for the info.

I have a 1 year old daughter... what is the 'child friendliness' level of a Surf?

I believe they are built on a ladder chassis - which suggests they should be mighty strong?

Thanks - Jimbob
          There a few people posted on here about accidents in surfs. If I recall properly 1 hit a tree at a fair speed, and 1 had a car go into it. On both occasions their families (inc children) just had scratches and a shake up. Both people posted how the surf suffered relatiely little damage for the type of accident, and how grateful they were that it was the surf and not another car that they were in during the accident.

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

I bought my Surf from Bristol Import Centre. They are good, a big chap called John runs it and is very nice and pretty helpful. But you get the idea he is a bit bored of reciting the same 'ol surf related speil to newbies. The young guy valleting knows his stuff too so chat to him for a slightly more honest angle.

Just avoid Imports Direct in Bedminster, the guy in there is a !!!!!! and all his trucks are really tatty up close. I walk past on my way to work every day so i make sure i have a peek.

Comment

i agree with steveo 7
              bought mine from bristol import centre too
              no problems whatsoever-probably could have knocked them down another 500 in hindsight!
              NOGGIN: '96 3.0L TD SSR-G Electric blue...
              'Rum:so much more than a breakfast drink'!

Comment

Thanks for the info.

Thanks - Jimbob

most surf,s only come with lap belts in the back, a point to bear in mind when thinking of kids, although 3 point belts can be fitted, that said, iv,e had no problems over the last year with my 7 & 3yr. old kids in the surf. (well as far as seat belts go)

ship

Comment

Working...
                X