Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time offroad for ages!

And it was FANTASTIC!!!

My eyes are full of cow poo, my lower legs are slashed with nettles and thistles and my thighs are burning!

Yes, my offroading didn't involve a Surf, just a Cube Team Ltd MTB.

We rode the Severn Way from Worcester to Upton on Severn, then also offroad back to Malvern. We didn't see anyone else along the trail at all, whick probably explains why so much of it was overgrown to the point of just pushing the bikes through a wall of undergrowth, but on the whole (including a stunning rare ribeye in a gastropub in Upton, and lots of beer in a local beer-pub) it's been a brilliant day!

A respite from singletrack where a twitch would see you in the Severn. Them there hills are the Malverns, where I live

Keith finds a tree with a big hole in it.

Weirdness. This place looks like an abandoned incinerator, but its in the middle of nowhere with lots of smaller concrete buildings around it with ariels on, and those red flashing lights on stalks above them. Only stumbled across it somewhere along a seldom used overgrown track.
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Sounds like a perfect day except for the peddeling part.
    Brian

Comment

Peddling to Malvern's version of Rechem? And what's that thing in the tree, the bit that looks like it's about to slither down and eat your mate?
      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

That place isn't in Malvern. Not sure where it was really. It's a bit like the blue... or silver Astra.

That thing in the tree? A west midlands tree-pike. They make good eating, and if I'd noticed it, I would've clubbed it and had it for tea. They're something to do with the regular floodings of the Severn.
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

its the old Hanley incinerator andy, built to take Malverns waste and burn it. long out of use, and the land was sold to developers a few years ago - they were gonna do an eco village there...... but you know how these thinks go!
          If you're gonna be a bear... be a Grizzly.

Comment

Working...
          X