iPad..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPad..

Anyone got one..got mine today, downloading memory map now. Will have laptop-gps nav setup for sale if it's any good.

Initial impressions are pretty good, probably would be better if I hadn't of got ip4 first, that is a good bit of kit (1st iPhone for me).

I'll be buying one shortly..need it for my business... I'm pretty impressed, what one did you get. I interested in comparing WiFi to 3G.. yes WiFi will be faster but how much faster ?

Back in the day Baby

Comment

32G-3G..not sure who to go with for the sim. Tmobile are the cheapest, but there service is slow, apparently capped at around 300kb/s. Will probably try some of the '3' prepaid sims of eBay and cut them down

Comment

Thanks..for 3G apparently the 3 network are the best...

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Yea..just had a snoop on bay, 10G sim for 4.99 shame they're only valid for 30days..that would last me 6mnths I rekon as I'm not out and about all that much. Only got the 3G model for the GPS..pesky marketing heads

Comment

as Sally has a 3phone i took up an offer, 3g dongle with 1 gig/month for £5 a month
            Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Originally posted by an1mal_69 View Post
              Yea..just had a snoop on bay, 10G sim for 4.99 shame they're only valid for 30days..that would last me 6mnths I rekon as I'm not out and about all that much. Only got the 3G model for the GPS..pesky marketing heads
              I think the 3G model will have WiFi, WiFi is the default on them all, 3G is the extra you pay for.

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Originally posted by mud skipper View Post
                as Sally has a 3phone i took up an offer, 3g dongle with 1 gig/month for £5 a month
                On 3 how do you find the download speeds..

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Originally posted by Vultch View Post
                  On 3 how do you find the download speeds..
                  i haven't a clue, i'm not a teckky with pc's

Comment

google a broadband speed test on the phone...let it do the rest

Back in the day Baby

Comment

google a broadband speed test on the phone...let it do the rest
                      just done it on my netbook and it upload test was 2.1 and down load was .34
                      is that any good?

Comment

http://www.speedtest.net/

Good little test site.

peace
                        cal
                        Last edited by Calos; 30 July 2010, 23:43.
                        Bala Mud, best underseal there is, only £30 per application.

www.thecellardwellers.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by mud skipper View Post
                          Will look into that this aft

I think the 3G model will have WiFi, WiFi is the default on them all, 3G is the extra you pay for.
                          Yea, they all have wifi, but only the 3G ones have the gps chip set, ideal for memory map in the truck

Comment

I use speedtest all the time, good stable platform for results that actually reflect what speeds you are getting.

Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

This makes interesting reading, seems you can use a standard sim in an iPad if you cut corners.

http://www.techradar.com/news/comput...cro-sim-681020
                              Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Working...
                              X