###### insurance companies!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ###### insurance companies!

ridiculous quotes from others and up a £100 from direct line on last year!

Thats not too bad, my renewal was up £200, that is without any changes or claims.
    Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

How do they justify an increase if you've had no claims or changes since last renewal?

Comment

Depends how much they paid out in claims last year. They're businesses, not charities.
        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

By what I can gather a few of the companies were underwritten with the funding from some of the banks. Because the banks appear to have lost their money, and dispite being given loads of our money, there is less funding for underwriting. So a few of the firms have closed shop, groupama, NIG (this is the firm Adrian Flux use a lot). Reduced Market of suppliers means they can charge more, after all what options are there, pay the money, don't drive, or drive illegal.
          Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

I use A-Plan, i think they use Groupama but they are excellent all round. Customer service is second to none, they can tailor a policy for you over the phone, DIRT cheap cover for my nissan skyline GTR, in fact my premium went down last year. Really helpful, friendly and efficient. Would tell everyone to give them a shot. And no, i dont work for them, im a lorry driver, haha. Ive just been very pleased with them over the years.
            PUBLIC ENEMY NO.1

Comment

As has already been said, they are businesses, and are in it for profit, they will charge whatever they think they can get away with. There might be a relationship between what they paid out in claims last year as to what they charge their customers this year, but that is only a part of the equation. You need to phone around. ( I know its tedious) but loyalty does not bring rewards these days, in fact quite the opposite. Insurance companies, banks, utility companies etc all take advantage of the fact that the majority simply cant be bothered with the hassle that goes with changing, and that the majority will stay with them as long as the increases are not outrageous. The only way to beat them is to take your business elsewhere. The more loyal you are, the easier you are to shaft, its how they plan, think and operate.
              Just look at the banks. New customer? great deals. Loyal Customer ? not so much as a kiss before they shaft you. Phone your insurer, tell them that you think the increase is too much and that you will have to go elsewhere, dont be surprised if they reduce it, that ought to tell you something.

Bogus
              Сви можемо

Comment

Originally posted by toplad View Post
                I use A-Plan, i think they use Groupama but they are excellent all round. Customer service is second to none, they can tailor a policy for you over the phone, DIRT cheap cover for my nissan skyline GTR, in fact my premium went down last year. Really helpful, friendly and efficient. Would tell everyone to give them a shot. And no, i dont work for them, im a lorry driver, haha. Ive just been very pleased with them over the years.
                I am an A plan customer, and I'm afraid to tell you that groupama is one of the ones that's gone. It was the A plan quote I was mentioning
                Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus View Post
                  As has already been said, they are businesses, and are in it for profit, they will charge whatever they think they can get away with. There might be a relationship between what they paid out in claims last year as to what they charge their customers this year, but that is only a part of the equation. You need to phone around. ( I know its tedious) but loyalty does not bring rewards these days, in fact quite the opposite. Insurance companies, banks, utility companies etc all take advantage of the fact that the majority simply cant be bothered with the hassle that goes with changing, and that the majority will stay with them as long as the increases are not outrageous. The only way to beat them is to take your business elsewhere. The more loyal you are, the easier you are to shaft, its how they plan, think and operate.
                  Just look at the banks. New customer? great deals. Loyal Customer ? not so much as a kiss before they shaft you. Phone your insurer, tell them that you think the increase is too much and that you will have to go elsewhere, dont be surprised if they reduce it, that ought to tell you something.

Bogus
                  Nice idea but NIG (Adrian Fluxs prefered user), and Groupama (A Plans) were some of the cheapest out there (the only reason A Plan got my money for four years straight was because they were the cheapest). My renewal so far has been the cheapest quote, which is a £200 increase. Hence why my truck is now sat in the garden uninsured.
                  Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Have you tried Lifesure?
                    My insurance hardly went up this year. (It was back in February.)

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick View Post
                      Nice idea but NIG (Adrian Fluxs prefered user), and Groupama (A Plans) were some of the cheapest out there (the only reason A Plan got my money for four years straight was because they were the cheapest). My renewal so far has been the cheapest quote, which is a £200 increase. Hence why my truck is now sat in the garden uninsured.
                      Been with Acadamy (using NIG) for about 5 years, and last month my renewal went from £300 ish to £598!!! Groupama was around £400. Phoned around and A/Flux did everything inc. unlimited mileage, guarenteed ncb etc, for £280. No brainer really!!

Cheers, Nick
                      "The force will be with you, always!"

Comment

I'm with Sureterm now, 222.50 fully comp.
                        (thats including 65 quid admin costs!!!???)

Comment

Working...
                        X