Rear wash wipe reservoir

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear wash wipe reservoir

Rather a newbie request, but can anyone tell me where the water reservoir is for the rear hatch wiper. I can hear a pump whirring somewhere but nothing comes out of the nozzles!!
    I am assuming it is empty, but could it be something else?
    Thanks,
    Mark

Originally posted by markp2 View Post
    Rather a newbie request, but can anyone tell me where the water reservoir is for the rear hatch wiper. I can hear a pump whirring somewhere but nothing comes out of the nozzles!!
    Thanks,
    Mark

There's just the one reservoir, it has two pumps on it, one for the front screen the other for the rear.
    If there's water in there then there's a blockage somewhere if the pump is whirring.

Comment

take the plastic cover off the sill (inside drivers door) there's a join in the pipe there and it could have come apart.
      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by markp2 View Post
        Thanks,
        Mark
        When mine wasn't working there was a blocked valve near the jet spray thingy by the rear windscreen wiper. All it needed was blowing through and poking a wee bit with a paper clip to get the crud out of it.

The logical way to sort it would be to start at one end or the other and work your way throught to see if fluid gets through (either by blowing through the pipes or squirting washer fluid through it.
        Last edited by Rustinho; 30 July 2010, 00:01.

Comment

Thanks, now I know the reservoir behind the O/S headlight does both screen washers, I should be able to trace the problem.
          Mark

Comment

Working...
          X