roughtracks torsion bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• roughtracks torsion bars

has anybody used roughtracks +2 torsion bars? i have just noticed that one of mine is wound fully up but the other one isnt, the truck sits level. should i just replace the dodgy one or spend some money on some new ones ?

Springs, torsion bars, dampers etc., should always be replaced in axle pairs.
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

I fitted Desert fox torsion bars and am very happy with them. They are at the lowest torsion setting on the main bolt- in other words the nut is near the top of the bolt. The vehicle sits firm and upright at the front. It`s so solid, removing the front Anti roll bar made no difference to the ride which is quite hard and truck-like. I`ve yet to test off-road but my feeling is less bottoming out compared to std. bars.
      cheers,
      chris
      Powered by Toyota!

Comment

Don't waste your money on uprated torsion bars unless you plan on having a lot of extra weight on the front, such as a steel bulbar and a winch. Standard bars are all you need. If you fit the uprated then the front suspension will be very stiff.

Nev

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev View Post
          Don't waste your money on uprated torsion bars unless you plan on having a lot of extra weight on the front, such as a steel bulbar and a winch. Standard bars are all you need. If you fit the uprated then the front suspension will be very stiff.

Nev
          I'll vouch for that..I fitted +2 Iron man bars and as mentioned, it lifted and stiffened the front a treat. Great for cruising McD's in your monster truck, but an absolute waste of money for off road use.

UNLESS..!! you have the extra weight up front needed to make them work..big winch bumper and winch maybe enough..or a V8 perhaps

Comment

Originally posted by an1mal_69 View Post
            ..or a V8 perhaps
            I thought diesel engines were actually heavier than a V8?

Nev

Comment

Depends which. The Lexus is lighter, as is the Rover V8, than that lump of pig iron Toyota call the 3.0 TD.
              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by chrisinflight View Post
                I fitted Desert fox torsion bars and am very happy with them. They are at the lowest torsion setting on the main bolt- in other words the nut is near the top of the bolt. The vehicle sits firm and upright at the front. It`s so solid, removing the front Anti roll bar made no difference to the ride which is quite hard and truck-like. I`ve yet to test off-road but my feeling is less bottoming out compared to std. bars.
                cheers,
                chris
                How hard are they to fit?
                Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                  Depends which. The Lexus is lighter, as is the Rover V8, than that lump of pig iron Toyota call the 3.0 TD.
                  Pig iron
                  Neal

Comment

my truck has a winch and tube bumper, it is used off road quite a lot. i have some spare standard torsion bars that came off a breaker, i think i might use them

Comment

i have the +2" suspension lift kit from roughtrax it is good and had to unwind my TBs when the lexus engine went in as lot lighter than the surf lump! so without ARB's its like driving a boat! good for off roading though!
                      http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=55797

Comment

[QUOTE=dieselboy;650652]How hard are they to fit?[/Q

I fitted them about 2 yr. ago. Not a problem to get the old ones out or new ones in. I had to replace one of the bolts. I`ve got a small bodylift which probably helped.
                        cheers,
                        chris