LED sidelights - eBay recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LED sidelights - eBay recommendation

I was pretty disappointed with the poor quality of the sidelights on the Surf and decided to replace them with some LED sidelights with some of the proceeds of a few eBay sales I've been making recently (selling off some old bike bits & bobs that have been sitting in the shed/garage for years).

Having taken the old sidelights off I can see why they were so poor - one of them was pretty poorly smoked up for a start.

Anyways, I replaced them with these. Not the cheapest ones available but having looked around at a few different possibilities I plumped for them anyway.

The first pair turned up last week. One sidelight didn't work at all and the other one only worked if I wiggled it around a wee bit. Phoned them up, they were very apologetic and said they were getting a fresh delivery of a better design this week and that they would send me a pair out as soon as they turned up. They didn't want the old ones returning so no postage costs for me either.

The new pair turned up this morning and a couple of minutes later they were on the Surf.

Well worth it and nice to treat myself to them!

If only all fleabay transactions went that easily...!

You seem to have forgotten to attach any photos

LED lights are okay, but sometimes stand out too much. You can get orange looking / filament bulb imitation LEDs so I have heard now.
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
      I'll take some tonight - the difference should be even more noticeable then.

Comment

I fitted the exact same LEDs to the 3rd gen recently. Nice crisp white sidelights now.

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
          Here you go:

1. Photo taken with flash still on but gives you an idea. LED is passenger side, standard bulb on drivers side.

2. This one was taken with no flash on a longer exposure time.

3. Long exposure time, LED lights on both sides.

4. Again, no flash but with dipped main headlights on.

Hope someone out there finds this useful...

Comment

I'm pleasantly surprised! My friend has LED sidelights on his pajero and they just look well out of place. They look tinted blue and stand out against the dipped beam. But yours don't they look real nice!
            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Placed order

Placed an order for my 3rd gen, getting Hid kit next week. Can't wait

Comment

Working...
              X