Highest mileage surf?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Highest mileage surf?

I was just wondering who has got the highest mileage surf on here? I ask because I'm on the lookout for one of my own, but I'm unsure as to how many miles should be considered too many? I know that regular servicing and general condition is more important, and I keep hearing the adage that a surf will go on forever, but I've not actually come across any that have broken 200k - at least on autotrader/ ebay/ pistonheads etc anyhow!

Plus it'd be interesting to know whose got the the most tenacious vehicle!

Mines still being run in at 105K

Comment

There has been a few members on here who's trucks have been in the 200k club.
      There's several on Yotatech that have reached 300k, but they are the petrol engines.

Comment

Always got to be noted that even though the speedo is in miles, the tacho is in KM...Mines sitting at 181500km.....
        3rd gen 3.0 SSR-V '98 R

Comment

Pretty high for a 2.4 2nd gen, but she's still running well.

peace
          cal
          Last edited by Calos; 29 July 2010, 10:55.
          Bala Mud, best underseal there is, only £30 per application.

www.thecellardwellers.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by malxwal@yahoo.co.uk View Post
            Always got to be noted that even though the speedo is in miles, the tacho is in KM...Mines sitting at 181500km.....
            Not all
            Brian

Comment

Damn Calos,

i thought my pics came out big, Re-size,

Comment

132k+ miles... For all the bulletproofness reputed of the the Surf, I've had Discos, Rangeys and Shoguns with much higher mileages...None were as nice to drive though...(although chipped V8 3.9 Rangey is dear to my heart)
                3rd gen 3.0 SSR-V '98 R

Comment

200k +

My 4 runner is just touching 220,000 Miles on the original engine, i replaced the cylinder head 2 1/2 years ago. Starts on the key, uses no oil between changes and is utterly reliable! Its a KZN130 3.0 TD.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Out of interest, what does everyone think is the most durable engine, car or 4x4 ?
                    3rd gen 3.0 SSR-V '98 R

Comment

Right, thats it, it's p***ing me off now, Calos! reduce the size of that photo!!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                        Right, thats it, it's p***ing me off now, Calos! reduce the size of that photo!!
                        CALOS!
                        "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                        www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Originally posted by malxwal@yahoo.co.uk View Post
                          Out of interest, what does everyone think is the most durable engine, car or 4x4 ?
                          Freelander.
                          If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Oh aye, the Rover K series is un-paralelled for reliability...or predictability...
                            3rd gen 3.0 SSR-V '98 R

Comment

Black cab's got to be up there, don't they rattle on for super high mileage?
                              "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                              www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Working...
                              X