No announcement yet.

Tyres..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes. Had some earlier muds (similar to the BFG mud pattern) which were fine. Noisier than an AT but not excessive. They wore noticeably quicker than BFG ATs though, so you would probably end up replacing a mud more often than an AT.

Horses for courses. You want a tyre mainly for road use, so one designed for that will be best.
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

The KL78's are an AT..the KL71's are an MT. Are these the same as Marshal tires ?
      There's a wide choice out there, but since my enjoyment, comfort and safety depend on the tyres, I doubt I'll go for cheapos...
      GG AT2's are current favourites it seems, but they look like quite an aggressive pattern..aren't they a bit noisy ?
      3rd gen 3.0 SSR-V '98 R

Comment

Nah, the AT2's will be as good as gold on the road. If you go for a full road tyre, you'll skid about on grass and laning might be a struggle in some areas. You'll probably find that the side walls wont be as puncture / tear resistant as an AT either.

Personal opinion, if you are going to go offroad at all, go for a good brand AT. It will last, and will get you most places.
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by malxwal@yahoo.co.uk View Post
          The KL78's are an AT..the KL71's are an MT. Are these the same as Marshal tires ?
          There's a wide choice out there, but since my enjoyment, comfort and safety depend on the tyres, I doubt I'll go for cheapos...
          GG AT2's are current favourites it seems, but they look like quite an aggressive pattern..aren't they a bit noisy ?

I have GG A/T2s on both trucks, 2nd gen 15" and 3rd gen 18". No road noise at all from them.

Comment

Quoted £120 a corner fitted for GG AT2s'.... holding out for better price...
            3rd gen 3.0 SSR-V '98 R

Comment

Originally posted by malxwal@yahoo.co.uk View Post
              Quoted £120 a corner fitted for GG AT2s'.... holding out for better price...
              Don't think you'll do much better than that mate.
              If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Miserable Scotsman...watch this space...
                3rd gen 3.0 SSR-V '98 R

Comment

I won't mention that I got a set of five for £503 including tracking then ...

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Originally posted by Predictable Bob View Post

I won't mention that I got a set of five for £503 including tracking then ...

Ye glad you didn't mention it, or say where you got them from.
                    If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Whoops - I forgot not to mention Micheldever Tyres ...

Bit of a drive for most of you though !

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

When I first got the Surf I had BFG AT's on the rear and other inferior AT's on the front. I've since upgraded to KL71s and I swear they just about have the edge on the road in the wet which goes against logic but thats my experience. Having said that it may be more to do with the KL71s are 33's against the BFG 31's which may mean they turn in a lightly more sedate fashion!

Road noise with the KL71's is there but minimal, they look nice too.

Have a look around ebay for 2nd hand wheels with tyres on. I got mine on wheels from a Pajero.

Comment

OK, now RT are saying they may have the +2" kits back in stock shortly, so would anyone advise me on whether this would allow me to fit 265/75's ? Or any other size ?
                          3rd gen 3.0 SSR-V '98 R

Comment

Working...
                          X