Tyres..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyres..

What do you good people reckon are good tyres.
    Mostly road use, but about 20% off road in pretty muddy and heavily rutted parks, not particularly flat either.
    Would like to have a little more confidence at wet roundabouts as well....
    3rd gen 3.0 SSR-V '98 R

If you're minted then BFG AT's if not then General Grabber AT2's

Doubtless somebody will be along soon with some budget offerings too

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

general grabbers at 2 .thay last and are great on and off road

Comment

Another vote for BFG ATs. Best tyres I ever had on the truck and last forever!
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

I have Grabber uhp's and find them pretty good for handling and were good on the snowy roads but not so good for wet/muddy offroading

Comment

Keep the suggestions coming. Minted I am not.....
            3rd gen 3.0 SSR-V '98 R

Comment

You're looking for an AT. It's BFGs or GGs. GGs are a fair bit cheaper, but users on here are invariably very happy with them.
              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Place cleed Camskill seems to do the GG's at a very reasonable price, but I'd always compare it with the local places who we've done work for for years.
                On size, it does matter I know, but with standard suspension, do you all stick to the standard sizes, or can you go a little larger than the 265/70's ?
                3rd gen 3.0 SSR-V '98 R

Comment

I think youd be best sticking to the standard 265x70s. I have 265x75s on mine and they dont rub anywhere, but come close and definitely would on a bit of roughish offroading. Some on here have reported a bit of rubbing on full lock with 265x75s in normal road use. Maybe their suspensions are more tired than mine, or maybe the driver is a big fat git, I dont know, but as said, youd be best sticking to standard.

PS. Ive got the GG AT2s and think they are great, but if you want bigger tyres, wait for some budget tyre recomendations, and use the money "saved" for a wee body lift.

Bogus
                  Сви можемо

Comment

Im going for the GG's when i replace mine, been quoted £100 a corner fitted & ballanced from my local tyre shop.

This place.
                    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/265-70-16-Gene...item335cff9356

Because there is no postage to pay & im buying 4 he's doing them for £100.
                    If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Aye, we usually get a really good deal from a local garage come tyre place, like Yoko Geolanders for less than £100 a corner, but I'm unsure how good they'll be. Having said that, my fathers Rangey never ever gets stuck with them... It's great to have other Surf drivers experiences to hand when choosing expensive parts you have to live with on daily basis.
                      I fancy the lift, but Rtrax seems to be out of stock of springs; anywhere else do a reasonably priced sus lift kit?
                      The rear tyres will HAVE to be replaced before Winter, actually nowish...
                      Last edited by malxwal; 28 July 2010, 00:08. Reason: more info
                      3rd gen 3.0 SSR-V '98 R

Comment

Originally posted by malxwal@yahoo.co.uk View Post
                        Aye, we usually get a really good deal from a local garage come tyre place, like Yoko Geolanders for less than £100 a corner.
                        I fancy the lift, but Rtrax seems to be out of stock of springs. The rear tyres will HAVE to be replaced before Winter, actually nowish...
                        Ye mine need doing sharpish but im still waiting for a set of alloy's to be powder coated before i fit them.
                        If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Mine are well scabby, but no bead/sealing issues, so they can stay scabby for another year ! That'll be a false economy that bites me in the a**e no doubt !
                          3rd gen 3.0 SSR-V '98 R

Comment

How about Kumho KL71's?
                            Yes they're MT's but I've read a number of reviews on here and other sites from people that highly rate them for road driving and all say they are surprisingly good in wet conditions, obviously they're good for off road.
                            A majority seem to agree that road noise is minimal, they look the nuts and come in at approx £100 a corner.
                            I'm thinking of a set myself and do similar driving to you.

Comment

A few people have said they swear by Kumho's, including agri engineers and farmers. I have looked at the KL78's...
                              Anyone out there any experiences of Kumhos ?
                              3rd gen 3.0 SSR-V '98 R

Comment

Working...
                              X