35" tyres?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 35" tyres?

Following the lift work, my 265/75/16's look a bit puny at 31 1/2", so I was thinking about some 35's....untill I saw the prices!

http://www.devon4x4.com/products_a/p...e-trekker.html

Anyone suggest some alternatives?

Regards

TFB
    Last edited by TFB; 26 July 2010, 20:43.

http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.p...d=m26b0s2227p0

Comment

http://www.4x4tyres.com/index.php?sh...ofile=35x12.50

No idea if any of them are any good or not but at least there are some cheaper ones...

Comment

They will kill your gearing.

You could fit 2.4 ring and pinions front and rear to regain some usefull gearing.
        Or you could buy new ring and pinions in lower ratio, but these are around £200 each end.

You will also be hacking a fair bit, 5" of lift is tight for 35s
        Last edited by yoshie; 26 July 2010, 19:43.
        Brian

Comment

Thanks for the links...I had been so fixated on the fact that I had 16" wheels that I didn't realise it would be cheaper to get 15" and 15" wheels to go with them!

Yep, I had been thinking about the gearing. I had been banking on 3.0 seems to have plenty of poke that I could get away with it.

I reckon that 35's would give a 10% greater rolling radius than what I have a present. thus would reduce the overall gearing by that amount.

What's the ratio on 2.4 axles then?

Comment

33.5 is a cheaper option, i had these on and hardly any reduction in acceleration, but with aggresive tyres speed is not an option.

wheel and tyre package £630 but had to have 16 inch rims as they are not available in that size on 15's...285/75/16 insa turbo specialtracks. brilliant tread pattern, they will get you much further than BFG muds.
            Attached Files
            Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Originally posted by TFB View Post
              Thanks for the links...I had been so fixated on the fact that I had 16" wheels that I didn't realise it would be cheaper to get 15" and 15" wheels to go with them!

Yep, I had been thinking about the gearing. I had been banking on 3.0 seems to have plenty of poke that I could get away with it.

I reckon that 35's would give a 10% greater rolling radius than what I have a present. thus would reduce the overall gearing by that amount.

What's the ratio on 2.4 axles then?
              3.0 will be G294 = 4.100 open or a G295 4.100 LSD
              2.4 will be G144 = 4.875 open or a G145 4.875 LSD

I think you will lose a hell of a lot more than 10% jumping 31" to 35"
              But you seem to be sure so maybe am talking shiteeee.
              Well done on the work so far, lifted looks so right on the Surf
              Last edited by yoshie; 26 July 2010, 20:59.
              Brian

Comment

There are other 2.4 ratios, my diff is G255 which is 4.56 4Pin LSD.
                Last edited by lord_flashart; 26 July 2010, 21:55.
                I've got a plan and it's as hot as my pants!

Comment

Originally posted by lord_flashart View Post
                  There are other 2.4 ratios, my diff is G255 which is 4.56 4Pin LSD.
                  Nope thats a 4.556 and not as low as the G144 G145 options which are more common on 2.4
                  Brian

Comment

I have a set of colway MT 35" tyres they are 40% on road and 60% offroad which is a bit more aggressive than I wanted but they are great and have done me well sofar (been on the truck for about 3 or 4 years)
                    They were less than 80 quid a tyre, nice white writing etc

I have been keeping an eye on these:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

dont seem too bad.

Also when I wanted to buy my set suddenly no one had any in stock, they were really hard to find any tyres unless you want total offroad ones.

Good luck

Comment

[QUOTE=truckarms;649986]I have a set of colway MT 35" tyres they are 40% on road and 60% offroad which is a bit more aggressive than I wanted but they are great and have done me well sofar (been on the truck for about 3 or 4 years)
                      They were less than 80 quid a tyre, nice white writing etc

Colway's were made just down the road from me near Durham, they went bust a couple of years back. Dont know if anyone took over the brand but the company that took over the old Colway factory had a fire a month or two ago and it's still burning now.

Spoggle

Comment

greenway tyres now i think

Comment

Found a handy little calculator for how the ratio will change with tyre size.

http://www.4lo.com/calc/geartire.htm

Regards

TFB

Comment

Originally posted by TFB View Post
                            Found a handy little calculator for how the ratio will change with tyre size.

http://www.4lo.com/calc/geartire.htm

Regards

TFB
                            5.05:1 to keep stock gearing on 35s. As I said gearing shot to fuc for off road.

3.63:1 if you don't adjust is a massive drop in usefull ratio for off road and for on road when you reach the carpark ramp.
                            Last edited by yoshie; 28 July 2010, 02:18.
                            Brian

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                              5.05:1 to keep stock gearing on 35s. As I said gearing shot to fuc for off road.

3.63:1 if you don't adjust is a massive drop in usefull ratio for off road and for on road when you reach the carpark ramp.
                              Agreed, looks like I'll stick with 265/75/16 for on road and I've a set Insa Traction Track in 235/85/16 for off road for the present

Regards

TFB

Comment

Working...
                              X