A Handy Little Gadget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Handy Little Gadget

I'm going to order one of these, for £20.00 it's got to be worth a punt. 1080p upscaling too ,with an HDMI cable. Read some favourable reports about it.

Here
    Last edited by Scorpion; 25 July 2010, 14:20.
    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Good gadget, a lot for £20.00 ...also the site is pretty good, you have to dig but there's lots there.. good find..

Back in the day Baby

Comment

YES THANK YOU. Have been trying to find that on Ebay for ages! Friend at work bought one for £30 off ebay and another friend of mine just bought a 52" Plasma and cannot play HD films just yet because of lack of equipment!

Do you have any .mkv files? I would like to know if it can play those - I use VLC player to stream them. I don't know a lot about encoding of videos but I have been told that .avi is just a wrapper for an encoding like DIVX. .mkv doesnt usually play with a DIVX player.
      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

No mate, just avi and divx. TBH most of them are really good quality. I tried a mkv but couldn't get the sound to work. I just stick with what I know!

Comment

What about .mp4 ?
          If that little box played .mkv but you didn't get any sound then that is kind of a good thing meaning that it couldnt play the audio codec. My .mkv files have 5.1 surround information whereas .avi's dont have full surround only stereo - as far as i know
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

I think it says it can't play .mp4s

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
              What about .mp4 ?
              If that little box played .mkv but you didn't get any sound then that is kind of a good thing meaning that it couldnt play the audio codec. My .mkv files have 5.1 surround information whereas .avi's dont have full surround only stereo - as far as i know
              Originally posted by Vultch View Post
              I think it says it can't play .mp4s
              There appears to be some conflicting info on this. In the write up it states:- Video:
              MPEG1/2/4 (MPG, VOB, AVI), DIVX (AVI), XVID (AVI), resolution up to 720 x 480 30fps / 720 x 576 25fps.
              Audio:
              MP3, WMA and OGG

But I'm sure I read that it doesn't play MP4!

Comment

Excellent find, I just ordered one.
                Brian

Comment

Only thing about the card readers (well the one in the front of my dvd player) is they can be a wee bit glitchy when the movie moves fast with lots of action and music, can be a bugger to fast forward sometimes too.
                  Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Working...
                  X