Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance Trouble

Hello Surfers

My insurance renewall came in at £750! so I went on the comparison sites to get some quotes. The trouble is when I put my reg no in it says my car is a
    3ltr 4-Runner manual and wont let me change it. I've rung some of the companies that gave a good price (£350 ish) and told them its a
    Hilux Surf 3ltr Auto, they seem to loose interest when they cant change the details on their system!
    Has anyone got insurance that actually says Hilux Surf 3ltr Auto, or do I just tell them its a 4-Runner manual?

Thanks for any help, Stuart.

what does it say on your log book ????? surf or 4runner ?????

Comment

I just checked the log book, all it says is make: Toyota, model: is blank, body type: Estate.

Comment

I had the same problem with mine, coming up as a manual when it was an auto. I ended up going through lifesure with a price of £270.
        It may be worth asking the insurance brokers to check back with the insurance company to validate the risk for it being an auto instead of a manual. If the person on the other end of the phone is a bit reluctant see if you can get put through to their supervisor

Regards
        TFB

Comment

Same thing here with NFU too. Everything checked out ok over the phone, but when I received the policy it showed my truck as being a manual 4Runner. I rang them again to make them aware and was told that the error had been corrected.....until the replacement policy arrived = manual 4Runner, again. Same thing happened a third time after I called them but NFU say that it's not their fault. Apparently the information held by insurers about imported vehicles is often incorrect, but they are unable to permanently change this. I now have a policy showing my truck as being a manual 4Runner, but also have a letter from them explaining that they are aware of the vehicle being an auto Surf.
          If at first you don't succeed,
          Destroy all evidence that you even tried.

Comment

I went with Admiral and they seem to have the correct details on their system. They even know it is an import and don't have a problem insuring it.

Comment

Make sure you are clear on everything. IF you need to claim or someone needs to claim from your insurers and your vehicle is inspected to be something other than what is down on paper then they may use that as an excuse to not pay out. I wouldn't take a verbal agreement!

Try a company called Noel Dazely. Mine was just renewed yesterday at £275 including fees fully comp / limited mileage
              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
              X