Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potential Owner and New to the Forums

Hey guys

Ok so I'm looking to buy a Hilux Surf here in canada, Iv done some of my own research on these forums as well as some others.

So I want this Hilux as my DD for Winter and work. I want to Haul boat/Motocross/Kayaks trips too the mountains and of course the best for last, just some good old Random Off Road fun

Here is a link to what I'm currently looking at. I would like your opinion on the current lift and things too check before buying and things that you would recommend upgrading after buying.

http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ214923764

Now Iv read all the FAQ post on these forms a lot of general post as well the 3.0l engine section. I'm just looking for a personal Opinion on this surf that I'm currently looking to purchase.

Thanks for your time guys and if all goes well you will see me more and more on these forums.

hey and welcome to the forum, there's a few nuts here and a yeti so watch out,

oh and this link might help you:

Surf FAQ

Comment

I hope it's a magic surf for that price!!!! I take it the value of the surfs over there are much higher than in the uk?? And hello and welcome to the forum

Comment

11,800.00 CAD = 7,373.38 GBP
        My purchase price will be
        10,000.00 CAD = 6,247.94 GBP
        10,000.00 CAD = 7,397.51 EUR

And yes, they prices are a little extreme but you also need to modify any imports to meet our standards, You need out of country inspections and a local inspection.

Shipping across the ocean isn't that cheep either, and finding an importer and all there fees become an over priced expense.

Comment

Cool user name, reminds me of a movie.

If you want a cheap surf then all you need to do is send round a couple of hard hitting "people" with a pair of plyers & a blowtorch.

Welcome aboard.
          If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Still a very cool vehicle. The high purchase price would suggest that you are going to take very good care of it. I'm running the exact same vehicle at present (soon to get a 1uzfe powered version). I cannot fault this one though. It saw me through a (for Scotland) extremely cold winter without a hiccup. Enjoy your new wheels.
            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by hiroler View Post
              I hope it's a magic surf for that price!!!! I take it the value of the surfs over there are much higher than in the uk?? And hello and welcome to the forum
              I've been reading on the Toyota Diesel forum, I don't think Canadians are allowed to import any more old Diesels..

Looks sweet though! When you buy it, I would remove the surf stickers with something called a toffee wheel, and wax up the best colour of the Surfs - Burgundy
              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Nice looking truck, rear spare wheel carrier is missing in the pics.
                Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

It does look a nice one!!! In the uk you can get a good 3l here for 2000 - 2500 GBP the shipping can't be that much can it?? A friend of mine shipped a mustang over from the west coast of US for 1000USD not including import tax SVA test etc..

Comment

Working...
                  X