Cheap Double Din Sat Nav Unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap Double Din Sat Nav Unit

I've had my double din dvd player in the Surf for over 2 years and although it's only one of the hated Eonon units it has never given me reason the complain. It's still going strong now but I would like to upgrade to a unit with bluetooth and sat nav. Has anyone recently bought a unit like this? They normally go for around £200 to £250 on Ebay and there are a lot of different makes (I suppose they all have the same internal workings though).

Like this

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Cheers.
    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

I bought the 716 (bluetooth, freeview telly, gps ect ect) version of that shortly after I bought my truck, never had a problem with it, bluetooth is easy to link with the phone, gps is equal to my old garmin unit and can't fault the sound quality compared to my old pioneer stereo, I did have some reservations about it being so cheap compared to an equal unit you would buy from a high street store but it's performed great so far and can't see any reason why it won't continue to do so, it doesn't even get as hot as the old pioneer used to, loads of leads for adding stuff to it as well.
    Neal

Comment

My worry with units like that are when you go paddling with it!

At the Jap & Jeep Jam I got stuck in a puddle and the Blaupunkt unit in my Surf started behaving ever-so-strangely. The display went haywire for a start. Once it dried out it eventually started working normally again but it took a week or two!

Not a clue how a budget unit would behave in similar conditions...

Comment

Originally posted by Rustinho View Post
        My worry with units like that are when you go paddling with it!

At the Jap & Jeep Jam I got stuck in a puddle and the Blaupunkt unit in my Surf started behaving ever-so-strangely. The display went haywire for a start. Once it dried out it eventually started working normally again but it took a week or two!

Not a clue how a budget unit would behave in similar conditions...

I did think about this when I installed mine so put in a separate switch hidden just behind and at the bottom of the kick panel so I can cut all power to the stereo before I go in the water, as you say, it would have to left some time to dry out afterwards before switching it back on, whether it will work or not is a different matter but since it was only the cost of a simple switch it seemed at the time to be a good preventative measure.
        And no, it wasn't a cooker isolater switch .
        Neal

Comment

Looks well smart made me chuckle when I read.. "Instant voice alert while playing DVD etc"... yeah something like "Oi! watch the f3kin road!"

But does look very good.

peace
          cal
          Bala Mud, best underseal there is, only £30 per application.

www.thecellardwellers.co.uk

Comment

Just waiting for my next 10% discount voucher from Ebay now!

Comment

Do these ebay units have there own sat nav program installed or / and can you install your own preferred program like tom tom / memory map etc?
              I bought both tom tom and memory map a few years ago for my hand held a few years ago.
              Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

Originally posted by jaky cakes View Post
                Do these ebay units have there own sat nav program installed or / and can you install your own preferred program like tom tom / memory map etc?
                I bought both tom tom and memory map a few years ago for my hand held a few years ago.
                I think you can prety much load what you like in them, the sat nav program comes loaded on an SD card which you put in after installation of the stereo, all you have to do is tell the stereo where on the SD card the .exe file is, I guess this would be the same for any gps program you have, just put it on an SD card and away you go but to be sure I would speak to the seller first.
                Neal

Comment

Originally posted by jaky cakes View Post
                  I think Memory Map is Windows OS based? Could be wrong though, but it would be great if they could be used via the SD card.

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
                    I've had my double din dvd player in the Surf for over 2 years and although it's only one of the hated Eonon units it has never given me reason the complain. It's still going strong now but I would like to upgrade to a unit with bluetooth and sat nav. Has anyone recently bought a unit like this? They normally go for around £200 to £250 on Ebay and there are a lot of different makes (I suppose they all have the same internal workings though).

Like this

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Cheers.
                    I have that make in my motor. Not the sat nav one but the double din, tv, radio, face off, etc, etc....... and it's been great so far. Not been able to tune the tv in yet, but I think that's me & not having the time/patience for it.
                    It was pretty easy to fit. Someone else helped me!! He he he. But even so, very straight forward plug & go.
                    Good luck with it mate, hope it all goes well..
                    It's only kinky the first time...

Comment

Working...
                    X