• Show
Clear All

• P****d off!

Bugga. Lost me job this morning.

Anyone need an electrician?

There goes my 2" lift kit then......
    I NEED TO OFFROAD!

sorry to hear about that danno..
    the only consolation i can give you is that the building trades seem to be booming at the moment keep ya chin up im sure summat will turn up good luck
    Dave
    if a politition is talking its lying

Comment

Sorry to hear that mate - hope it all picks up soon for you
      Dave

Comment

Sorry to hear that mate. I had Southern Electric out all day yesterday mending our broken cables and they mentioned they are desperate for trained staff... maybe an opportunity there for you??

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Bad luck danno ,
          sure you will get sorted out soon, after all you are obviously above average intelligence, you own a surf

good luck m8,
          ship

Comment

Thanks all.

Been on the phone and found a few leads. Have been offered 5 weeks stay away in Liverpool. Tempting but will miss the family!

Still theres loads of building going on so someone must need me!
            I NEED TO OFFROAD!

Comment

Originally posted by Danno
              Thanks all.

Been on the phone and found a few leads. Have been offered 5 weeks stay away in Liverpool. Tempting but will miss the family!

Still theres loads of building going on so someone must need me!
              r u 16th edition j.i.b. ? heathrow airport job good money !

Comment

16th Yes. Never had a JIB card, and I only do domestic and data. I have thought about heathrow before. !!!!!! long commute though

You up there scousy??
                I NEED TO OFFROAD!

Comment

16th Yes. Never had a JIB card, and I only do domestic and data. I have thought about heathrow before. !!!!!! long commute though

You up there scousy??
                  NO , but a few of my ex work mates are , they say £75,000 a year ? but then you have to pay your own digs/food/travel exp. . I did my P.T.S.(personal track safety) training and now work on the railways !, good move i now know .

Comment

Blimey I though I was on an earner at 45k! I guess they are all on agency?

Does the railways pay well. What sort of work you do?
                    I NEED TO OFFROAD!

Comment

Blimey I though I was on an earner at 45k! I guess they are all on agency?

Does the railways pay well. What sort of work you do?
                      I started off 3 1/2 yrs ago with AMEY RAIL via COYLES AGY. originally for 3 mnths. work @ £14/hr installing supplies to the new clocks,monitors,l.e.d.'s etc. within the stations on south west trains line , still with them but since that contract been doing surveying(boring),cctv install's , telecom's install's and presently installing point's heating and associated cabling .Not the usual bell to bell regime of site work , it's good work if you don't mind travelling a bit ! .

Comment

Hmm. Maybe a change in direction is whats required then (points get it! sorry!)

I'll have a look at that. Where you get your PTS training?
                        I NEED TO OFFROAD!

Comment

that's the only headache , agencies are the sole road to go down , you'll have to harass them to put you on it because it cost them lot's but you should be alright down your way as there's more work around that area ( or traveleable ) not so around me , hence the time away ! If you want any help/contacts PM me and i'll give you a list .
                          p.s. they'll probably want somewhere in the region of £400 off you towards the course ( i think it's now 1week but not sure) hope this helps!
                          p.p.s. if i don't contact you straight away , it's coz i'm away(as usual )

Comment

Sorry to hear about the job mate, think i need to find a better one as 13.5k a year is not too good to keep a house and a surf on but thats me, anyway good luck in your hunt for work

Comment

£45k a year is a hell of a job to lose,, good luck.
                              Last edited by stara; 24 June 2004, 23:27.
                              [COLOR=red]Simon [/COLOR] '91 2.4td ssr-x

Comment

Working...
                              X