normal temp???????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• normal temp???????

i am curious to know the normal running temps on the surf as i've just fitted an aftermarket temp gauge and sensor as i've just had the truck out i did about six miles so she was upto running temp, it was unloaded and not towing now the new gauge was reading between 88/90 degrees now the new sensor is fitted in the water distribution point at the front right hand side of the head so i presume is the hottest part (exit from engine to radiator) so i'm thinking its actual internal temp is about 84 degrees which i would presume is about right but i would like another oppinion to clarify it
    I'M ALWAYS IN THE SH'T, IT'S ONLY THE DEPTH THAT VARIES!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by tonupteabag View Post
    i am curious to know the normal running temps on the surf as i've just fitted an aftermarket temp gauge and sensor as i've just had the truck out i did about six miles so she was upto running temp, it was unloaded and not towing now the new gauge was reading between 88/90 degrees now the new sensor is fitted in the water distribution point at the front right hand side of the head so i presume is the hottest part (exit from engine to radiator) so i'm thinking its actual internal temp is about 84 degrees which i would presume is about right but i would like another oppinion to clarify it
    90 sounds spot on for a 0.9bar cap.
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

cheers albannach just wanted a second opinion on it i'm still getting used to these jap diesels, always had french or british diesels upto now

Comment

Interesting, these Lexus V8s run at the same temperature in the Surf's engine bay.

Comment

Mine is running at the same, up to 90deg when at a steady 65mph and around 80-5 once overdrive kicks in. My guage from startup only begins registering at 40, the surf guage at 40 is showing normal operating temp and doesn't move at all right through to the 90, I suspect it won't move up to meltdown as it didn't while the head blew. H

Comment

Out of interest which aftermarket sensor are you using? How much was it and how easy to fit?

Comment

Originally posted by biosurf View Post
              Out of interest which aftermarket sensor are you using? How much was it and how easy to fit?
              hi this is the listing number for the gauge and sensor as i bought the gauge and the sensor came with it......120585666724

Comment

This dealer, though I went for a silver faced one which was cheaper and came with a sender and kit, all I needed was some wire, the lawnmower does not reach the end of the garden now. H

http://www.rspec.co.uk/index.php?mai...roducts_id=309

Comment

I've fitted one too, it reads the same as yours on a run, under load on hills it can get to 95 but quickly goes back to around the 90 mark.
                  Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

i think mine got slightly hot last time i ran it
                    iam sure some parts were nearly 100c mark

i test it with a laser i aint got out fancy fitted tiz hand held
                    Last edited by JUDWAK; 19 July 2010, 01:15.
                    am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Working...
                    X