Shame on me...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shame on me...

I've owned my Surf for getting on for a year now and I've never really paid that much attention to the spare wheel/tyre before this evening.

I'm giving a friend a helping hand tomorrow moving house. In order to fit their big sofa in the truck I've taken the spare wheel/frame/etc off so I can fit it in with the tailgate open. Alas, I digress.

The thing is I noticed that something didn't quite look right when I put the spare on the ground leaning next to the back wheel. The spare looked bigger. I look a bit closer and see that the spare is a 31x10.5x15 and the rest of the tyres are 265/70/15s.

I had no idea that the difference would be so obvious. The annoying thing is that if I'd realised the spare was that size and had (an albeit small) lifting effect I would've bought four of them when I replaced the old tyres last year. I just did a like for like swap with what was on before. Grrrrr.

Anybody want a 31x10.5x15 BFG AT? Good tread left on it! lol

Originally posted by Rustinho View Post
    I've owned my Surf for getting on for a year now and I've never really paid that much attention to the spare wheel/tyre before this evening.

I'm giving a friend a helping hand tomorrow moving house. In order to fit their big sofa in the truck I've taken the spare wheel/frame/etc off so I can fit it in with the tailgate open. Alas, I digress.

The thing is I noticed that something didn't quite look right when I put the spare on the ground leaning next to the back wheel. The spare looked bigger. I look a bit closer and see that the spare is a 31x10.5x15 and the rest of the tyres are 265/70/15s.

I had no idea that the difference would be so obvious. The annoying thing is that if I'd realised the spare was that size and had (an albeit small) lifting effect I would've bought four of them when I replaced the old tyres last year. I just did a like for like swap with what was on before. Grrrrr.

Anybody want a 31x10.5x15 BFG AT? Good tread left on it! lol

My spare tyre has never been used from new "1996" & its fooked, more cracks than a whore house.
    If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
      My spare tyre has never been used from new "1996" & its fooked, more cracks than a whore house.
      Hah! Not suprised. The light wasn't good enough to examine the spare too closely. It certainly did have some crazing around one side but it didn't look horrendous. I'll have a better look at it in the morning.

Comment

Working...
      X