Tree down, Surf to the rescue!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tree down, Surf to the rescue!

I was driving home the other night in some pretty nasty stormy weather, on a main road at about 9.30pm when I came accross a queue of traffic and a couple a cop cars with the flashings on.

Being a nosey git, I wondered down to find a tree down blocking 90% of the road, and the old bill saying they wouldn't be able to move it for ages as the emergency services were already stretched.

So I stepped up and offered to have a go at moving the tree with the Surf!
    They allowed me, and I drove down to the tree and lashed my tow rope around it and then to the front hook of my truck.

Stuck it in 4WD and tried to pull it out the way, but I kept spinning. Did this a couple of times, but just span, so against my better thinking, I let the rope go slack and hit the power! When the rope tightened the force of me in reverse snapped the whole tree in half! More than enough to be able to drag it to the side of the road and open up the road again!

So the moral of this story is. Remeber you don't just have a surf, u have a duty to help and pull things with your big shiny truck!

ps The police couldn't understand where the smell of chippy was coming from in the middle of nowhere! Most odd! ;-)
    2 Tone Mud Master!
    http://www.sunsetsurf.co.uk

Originally posted by carbonman
    ps The police couldn't understand where the smell of chippy was coming from in the middle of nowhere! Most odd! ;-)
    Derek :
    1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd
    [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]S[/U][/COLOR][/B]ave [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]U[/U][/COLOR][/B]p [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]R[/U][/COLOR][/B]eadies [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]F[/U][/COLOR][/B]ast. Cause you're gonna need them!

Comment

hehehe - nice one!!!
      Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Working...
      X