Hellp Back window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hellp Back window

Hi i know ther is loads of stuf on hear about back window not working ,,but its all gobildy gook to me,, iv tryed all the ovius things but still stuck up ,, how do you conect the batery to the motor to see if it is working ,,iv put a wire in it from a spair batory but nothing ,, ther is a cliking sound when i press the up /down or triy th key ,,,,,Hellp me im verry sad

i had the same problem when i got mine. drove me nut's but this forum helped me out.
    i took the whole thing to bits and found the cog on the motor to be worn out.
    all you need to do is to obtain a passenger side electric window motor from any similar age toyota (corolla/carina) and fit it. it's pretty simple and should take you about an hour or two.

a word of warning: if you're asking at breakers yards for toyota parts, don't mention SURF. they hear 'import' and bang an extra £50 on top.
    if you order the part directly from toyota it retails at about £130+vat so get phoning the scrappers. i wouldn't expect to pay more than 20-25 b£lls.

NB* i could be completely wrong and your problem could be cause by something completely different, however this seems to be the most common cause.

good luck.

will
    black 1995 ssrx 3.0ltd

Comment

If you are getting a clicking noise when operating the button or rear key , then you know there is power getting through to the relay . If power is getting to relay and it is clicking then you need to check power is getting out to the motor .I believe there is a common problem with the rear window relay failing on the Surf , but someone else maybe able to confirm that .
      You need to check power comming out the relay or see if the motor is turning when operated so remove the tailgate cover to check . If the motor can be heard moving with the cover off , it could be a stripped gear in motor , and a secondhand one required as Happythrasher (Will ) posted .

Rick
      Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

thanks for yor help fixed the window it was the motor, swaped it with rear pasanger one , not botherd about that one being closed

Comment

Working...
        X