I despair!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I despair!

I just heard a song (in the loosest form of the word) on the telly. They had the word 'Corner' rhyming with the phrase 'Warn you'!

No wonder the yoofz cant spell...
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Was it a Dannii Minogue song?
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Don't get me started...

Basicaly I don't mind when an inflection or accent is used to "sell" a lyric but when people just can't speak properly it does wind me up somewhat.

eg "baby PEAs dant gaw" instead of baby please don't go used by James Brown.

Or "Sue Lawley" instead of "So lonely" by Sting, it's just a Geordie inflection.

People should be shot by firing squad for using AXE instead of ask when they are speaking not singing though.

peace
      cal
      Bala Mud, best underseal there is, only £30 per application.

www.thecellardwellers.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Calos View Post

Or "Sue Lawley" instead of "So lonely" by Sting, it's just a Geordie inflection.

cal
        I beg to differ, I'm a Geordie and I certainly wouldn't say 'Sue Lawley' instead of 'So Lonely', nor would any of the people I know. I believe that Sue Lawley thing was perpetrated by a comedian at the time as the the record was released while Nationwide, starring Sue Lawley, was a popular news program.

When I was a DJ in the 80's I can also remember people singing, 'Go and get stuffed' to Billy Oceans, 'When The Going Gets Tough'.
        'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

"'scuse me while I kiss this guy"

Always good for a laugh if you can pick up a copy cheap somewhere...

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
            I beg to differ, I'm a Geordie and I certainly wouldn't say 'Sue Lawley' instead of 'So Lonely', nor would any of the people I know. I believe that Sue Lawley thing was perpetrated by a comedian at the time as the the record was released while Nationwide, starring Sue Lawley, was a popular news program.

When I was a DJ in the 80's I can also remember people singing, 'Go and get stuffed' to Billy Oceans, 'When The Going Gets Tough'.
            Remember those well!!
            anyway whatever happened to "sensible" lyrics like " does ya chewing gum loose it's flavor on the bedpost overnight" and "me dick just dialed ya number"
            Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
              Remember those well!!

"me dick just dialed ya number"
              2 weeks in Bali is another good one.....

Comment

"Bingo Jed had a light on"
                instead of "Big old jet airliner"
                私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Ken leeeeeeee!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RgL2MKfWTo

Comment

Sorry mate, no offence ment just a bit of tounge in cheek

Don't forget Queens "Fried Chicken" they actually sang the last chorus that way at wembley once too if I remember rightley hehe

peace
                    cal
                    Bala Mud, best underseal there is, only £30 per application.

www.thecellardwellers.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Calos View Post
                      Sorry mate, no offence ment just a bit of tounge in cheek

Don't forget Queens "Fried Chicken" they actually sang the last chorus that way at wembley once too if I remember rightley hehe

peace
                      cal
                      None taken mate, perhaps I should have included that in my reply. The 'Geordie' dialect does change dramatically within a 30 mile radius of Newcastle though! Sometimes when I see (and hear) some of my Geordie bretheren talking on national news it makes me cringe.

Comment

aint it macem and jordie
                        2 very different things tiz macem aint it?

if it was not for a jordie going over the wall and shagging sheep there would be no scotts

come on you scotts ya know it to be true
                        am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Originally posted by JUDWAK View Post
                          aint it macem and jordie
                          2 very different things tiz macem aint it?

:
                          Ya reet there George, hinny. Mackems from Sunderland area and Geordies from Newcastle area, only 14 miles apart but they talk different to us!

Comment

Ya reet there George, hinny. Mackems form Sunderland area and Geordies from Newcastle area, only 14 miles apart but they talk different to us!
                            very
                            i worked with loads of jordies and some macems
                            macems sound a bit thick by the way
                            jordies have more of a laff
                            it was a jordie that told me
                            it was a macem that went over the wall and it was a pig that he fluked
                            i was just trying to be nice by saying it was a jordie and sheep

iam looking for a jordie called billy hatfield ya know him

its the same with rotherham and barnsley
                            no way do we sound the same they have t to everything they say
                            sheffeld have a d to everything and are known has deedarrs
                            we are the only normal ones in south yorkshire honest
                            Last edited by JUDWAK; 11 July 2010, 10:58.
                            am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Originally posted by JUDWAK View Post
                              if it was not for a jordie going over the wall and shagging sheep there would be no scotts
                              I think you'll find that if it weren't for the Romans, there would be no Geordies.
                              Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Working...
                              X