mot advisory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mot advisory

just had the surf mot'd passed no problem other than an advisory notice as follows,nearside rear shock absorber has a light misting of oil.S no biggy ,thought i would pop down to toyota and find the price of replacement shockers (bearing in mind they are adjustable) and was pleasently suprised, they were £128.00 ea which is 1/3 price of the soarer ones,so may get a pair and treat the old girl

£256 for a pair of dampers for a 14yr old truck. Are you fucin insane?
    Brian

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
      £256 for a pair of dampers for a 14yr old truck. Are you fucin insane?

Tis a bit/alot on the steep side & anyway does the hard/soft switch make any difference or is it one of those toys that nobody ever uses.

Ive not got it on mine so i wouldn't know.
      If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

put ordinary shocks on mine the hard soft ones didn't do much as i had a saggy arse so after the shocks got me some milner +20% springs and that made a big difference

Comment

mine has the hard/soft setting which surprisingly works you can tell the difference on the twisty country roads down here but i wouldn't think it'll be as noticeable on normal roads
          I'M ALWAYS IN THE SH'T, IT'S ONLY THE DEPTH THAT VARIES!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by soramad View Post
            just had the surf mot'd passed no problem other than an advisory notice as follows,nearside rear shock absorber has a light misting of oil.S no biggy ,thought i would pop down to toyota and find the price of replacement shockers (bearing in mind they are adjustable) and was pleasently suprised, they were £128.00 ea which is 1/3 price of the soarer ones,so may get a pair and treat the old girl
            Rough trax sell the genuine ones for £115ea in stock.

Swanie

Comment

I have a pair of good used ones, you can have them for £50 delivered.
              Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Well yes the tems do'es work, it hardens the ride up from the normal setting, probably doe's what you guys do with seperate shockers and springs and yes the truck is 14 years old so what? I am happy with it and will keep it going for as long as i can, my soarer is 18 years old and i have spent over £1000.00 having new suspension air struts with tems along with new lca's fitted also just spent £220.00 on finding a fault on the air con but its now working properly, with all due respect if its mechanical which affects the safety of the vehicle then i never buy second hand cos you usually end up paying for it more than once in the long run. Why do i do that because i love both vehicles they both have a job to do and they both do it very very well.

Comment

Fair enough.

Comment

On the face it, you could say that its a lot of money for a damper, as of course you can get cheaper ones which will do the same job as well, and maybe in some cases better. The fact that the vehicle is 14 years is completely irrelevant in my opinion.
                    How many people are paying double, triple, quadruple,and more every month for the simple pleasure of having a "latest plate" eurobox.
                    Im guessing that the 14 year old vehicle is probably bought and paid for, and Id also guess that the costs of keeping it in good and safe condition are trivial when compared with the costs of having the latest eurobox. For me its the people with a monthly outlay of several hundred on that shiny new car who are the insane ones, not the guy who spends a wee bit more than strictly necessary on new shocks for his bought and paid for old truck.

Bogus
                    Сви можемо

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post

Ive not got it on mine so i wouldn't know.

We don't need them on 3rd gens Si, they're not tractors!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post

Comment

Excuse me !!!

We've got them on ours and they do make a difference - the boss drives the Surf in a genteel fashion and prefers a comfortable ride whereas I drive it a bit more balls out and prefer the stiffer ride (ooo er missus)

The hard setting also gives a smoother ride when I'm dragging the tin tent about

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                            mines a 3rd gen surf and the tems suspension is an asset when the back is loaded with kit, like mine always is, having it in the hard mode stops it bouncing around.

i quote from the drivers hand book, Stage shock absorber : use the soft or normal (norm) mode when driving under normal conditions. Use the hard (hard)
                            mode for driving on motorways, with heavy loads, or on rough or OFF roads driving.

so who drives the tractor now?

Comment

Originally posted by soramad View Post
                              mines a 3rd gen surf and the tems suspension is an asset when the back is loaded with kit, like mine always is, having it in the hard mode stops it bouncing around.

i quote from the drivers hand book, Stage shock absorber : use the soft or normal (norm) mode when driving under normal conditions. Use the hard (hard)
                              mode for driving on motorways, with heavy loads, or on rough or OFF roads driving.

so who drives the tractor now?
                              Farmers?

Comment

Working...
                              X