Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A 'whats it worth' thread..??

my truck..

Black L plate, coming upto 100k mls - fresh oil every 6mnths - transmission oils yrly - improved intake system - cambelt & tensioner done

31" Muds
    Uprated rear springs with +4" rancho shocks
    Stock torsion bars with +4" rancho shocks
    40mm BJ spacers with bars wound to level with rear (around 2" over stock)
    50mm body spacers
    Custom exhaust
    Front and rear Aussie lockers (auto-mechanical locking diffs)
    Rock sliders/sill protectors
    Thule 'aero' roof bars

Decent stereo, Infinity reference 6x9's in custom box, I.R. 6" in front door pods, Kenwood head unit ipod connectivity
    Inverter, Laptop (with MMap & the whole UK @ 1:25k) and USB GPS receiver
    CB & Aerial

The body has its fair share of battle scars, a good few dinks here and there, the laning scratches would buff out im sure
    Back window mech' is goosed

Its not for sale, and this is not a way of advertising the truck on here without paying the fee..if I do decide to sell I will do so in the proper manner. Ive just had a guy asking about it, I know I've probably got around £2k in it..and was pondering its actual value, I know this is pretty subjective, but roughly..lol..

To a buyer looking for a Surf with all the kit you've fitted to it, and knows about these vehicles, probably 2750-3200?

To an everyday punter browsing the market, probably the same as a standard Surf plus a couple of hundred extra for the toys I would have thought.

Comment

Comment

What did you want to see?

You'll only get top dollar from an enthusiast that can appreciate what you've done to it.

Comment

It's worth a straight swap for my 2.4 that sprays oil onto the turbo producing clouds of smoke when I pull up & turn the engine off, loses pressure on the fuel line somehow when it's left standing, no mods, saggy arse, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post

You'll only get top dollar from an enthusiast that can appreciate what you've done to it.
            Indeed!
            Selling my very nice 400+hp V8 "other car thats now not used" next week, with lots of upgraded mods, only value its added is peace of mind for the new owner......

good luck with the sale btw, and I'd have paid £3k ish for a good example with some "suitable" mods - too many, (imho) can easily devalue a motor, even if they are all improvements!
            "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
            www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

I would say 2k is a good price for it with all these mods you never make the money on it!!!

Comment

If you want to sell fancy removing the lockers and selling them to me??

Comment

Just keep it unless you really really really want to sell, then you are better taking the parts off and doing a Stormforce!
                  Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Or you could accept £1200 from me this weekend.
                    That is cash by the way not a maybe, might come round,if I sell mine ect bullshit. But real £1200 folding
                    Brian

Comment

Pretty much as what has already been said. Mods are good to a certain level, to many can ruin a motor and put people off.
                      Also take it your annual mileage is only 6000 miles then ????
                      Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                      My choice
                      Back off

Comment

IMHO its only worth what someone will actually pay for it, no matter how much money you have paid out for the initial purchase and then the mods you probably will never re-coupe it
                        I'M ALWAYS IN THE SH'T, IT'S ONLY THE DEPTH THAT VARIES!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post

thats exactly it, I wasn't sure, so a little suprised. I do understand what you're saying about enthusiast & Joe public prices too

Originally posted by Koi View Post
                          Pretty much as what has already been said. Mods are good to a certain level, to many can ruin a motor and put people off.
                          Also take it your annual mileage is only 6000 miles then ????
                          I'm down with that (homie..lol) pretty much every car ive had has been modified to some extent. As for mileage, 6k sounds a lot..on a day to day week I doubt I do more than 10 mls. Obviously trips out an stuff top that up, but definitely not 500/month.

I'm at a stage with the truck now where I'm looking at solid axles and bigger engines, and as much as I enjoy doing the work and having something a little different once its done..is it really worth it when I could flog it and buy something already fettled..

Comment

Working...
                          X