Take the risk??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Take the risk??

Would anyone buy this, don't think I will.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Toyota-Hilux-S...item3a4f7dd5ef

Gman
    If it aint broke, keep goin' till it is.

tiz a joke eh!

Comment

Given that Roughtrax do a new one at £33 I don't see the point in buying something like that second hand...

Still, some people will buy anything.

Comment

Sadly the UK is one place where someone will buy that.
        I was shocked when I went over for the first time to see what people will advertise on evilbay and still manage to get sold.
        I suppose if you are deal driven it must be a great deal for £9.00.

Swanie

Comment

I've seen their listings before, they always have "Our dismantler said this was a good clean vehicle for it's age", that way they are suggesting that a professional has looked it over but at the same time if the listing is incorrect it isn't their fault.

Nice

It's a toughy, I see 54 plate vehicles wityh more rust than my 1990 Surf so saying what is and wasn't isn't good condition for it's age can only be taken vehicle by vehicle really but broad generalisations go a long way with the 'Masses' on eBay.
          I've got a plan and it's as hot as my pants!

Comment

Genuine original manufacturers part - do not confuse with cheap aftermarket parts......Hmmmm think i will go for the aftermarket ones
            The sh$t gets deeper ...but still swimming

Comment

Originally posted by wiggy View Post
              Genuine original manufacturers part - do not confuse with cheap aftermarket parts......Hmmmm think i will go for the aftermarket ones
              Quite often the only difference between "aftermarket" and "genuine" is the colour of the box it's in. Some don't understand that Toyota do not make these. They are made by other companies that supply Toyota. Koyo I think make the tensioners and it's quite often cheaper to just go to a bearing retailer and buy the same thing in a Koyo box.

Anyone who would but a rusty tensioner like that one really needs their head examined. The seller is an idiot but maybe there is someone out there who is an even bigger idiot and will buy it.

Nev

Comment

No really? You mean Toyota dont have a special foundry where they use exotic materials only available to them ??

I remember getting a fair bit of flak a few years back for suggesting that going to a bearing shop and buying a branded bearing by SKF or whoever would be just as valid as buying a wonderbearing from Roughtrax or Toyota for 5 times the price. It's likely the very same part!

To be fair, RT prices have come down a bit over the years, but some prices were astonishing for a while, and postage made it 'expensive'.
                Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Anyone who would but a rusty tensioner like that one really needs their head examined. The seller is an idiot but maybe there is someone out there who is an even bigger idiot and will buy it.

Nev[/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more
                  The sh$t gets deeper ...but still swimming

Comment

I have the same trouble, Toyota generally use Koyo which is what I have supplied loads of people and SKF and FAG are the same quality but the arguments I've had with people are ridiculous. Some have even gone to the local Toyota place and then come back red faced and ordered anyway once the garage tells them the same thing (and then the Toyota price!!)

Thanks,

Ray.
                    I've got a plan and it's as hot as my pants!

Comment

So are you all saying I may be shouldn't have bought that??
                      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Last edited by yoshie; 10 July 2010, 11:02.
                        Brian

Comment

lmao,surely it doesnt matter if the vehicle was good and clean,if that tensioner has done galactic miles,the cleanliness of the vehicle doesnt come into it.
                          www.overfab.uk

Comment

Working...
                          X