Insurance quote fail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance quote fail

Insurance has gone up £100 for me this year. Up from £360 to £460 with Adrian Flux.

Went to have a quick look around online and apparently I own a Toyota Supra according to one company!
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
    Insurance has gone up £100 for me this year. Up from £360 to £460 with Adrian Flux.

Went to have a quick look around online and apparently I own a Toyota Supra according to one company!
    I get Toyota Estima or Lucida as my vehicle from some insurance companies.

Comment

Managed to get Flux to knock the price down, and if I take my mum off the named driver list then it would be a bit cheaper too.

Just had a quote from one of those "we search 90 insurers for you!" websites. Out of the 90 they searched, only 2 would insure me. the prices were...
      drum roll....

£2000 for the year! For both of them!
      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

iam happy if i get a quote under 800 quid
        i get stung with insurers
        its has if they think iam a mad man in a 4x4
        am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
          Managed to get Flux to knock the price down, and if I take my mum off the named driver list then it would be a bit cheaper too.

Just had a quote from one of those "we search 90 insurers for you!" websites. Out of the 90 they searched, only 2 would insure me. the prices were...
          drum roll....

£2000 for the year! For both of them!
          It's crazy innit? Best quote I got anywhere else was over £700 compared to just under £440 for my renewal with LV, no matter what modifications I tried to the policy (voluntary excesses, adding/removing named drivers, etc).

I remember someone saying on here recently that LV had stopped covering imported vehicles (at least for any new business) and I remembered the other day that I was told the same thing by them several years ago when I was getting my old Celica insured.

After a short conversation with them at the time, it turned out that they weren't that happy covering imported vehicles unless there was a similar model available in the UK.

I honestly don't know if that is still the case or not. Or even if it just depends on who you get at their call centre when you phone up!

Comment

I used Bell Insurance
            I insured F/Comp bussiness1, SDP, and comuting to and from place of work.
            I paid £450 for myself and the wife at 12k miles per year.

Perhaps worth looking into
            Swanie

Comment

Working...
            X