Local Toyota Garage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Local Toyota Garage

I just went to mine to get an oil filter.
    It cost about £17 inc.
    And while there checked the cost of a few other things.

Chrome bumpers are cheaper from the dealer then they are from milners - the are in stock and I could pick it op from the garage the next day (or day after).

So, next time you need some bits, try your local garage, you might be pleasantly suprised.

I've been saying the same for ages. We are lucky that our local Toyota dealer doesn't see imports as a threat. While on holiday I tried a West Country Toyota dealer and when I said import his attitude changed completely. You would have thought I had insulted his mother by the way he reacted.
    I'm just glad that Steven Eagall (Bletchley) have a mature attitude.
    It's only a hobby!

Comment

the toyota dealership near me never wants to know about imports always gives me the usual crap, is the stuff that milners sell any cop or is it cheap crap?

Comment

I've also championed Steven Eagall in the past. They sourced some parts from Japan for me, very efficient, supplied me with an exploded diagram of the unit listing all parts too, and they serviced it at a reasonable cost.

rgds

Bryan

Comment

BRIAN you state your SURF as a 2.7 they only made 3.0 petrol didnt they i may be wrong
          (\__/)
          (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
          (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
            BRIAN you state your SURF as a 2.7 they only made 3.0 petrol didnt they i may be wrong
            His behicle description in his profile says 2.4???

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Vehicle: 2001 SSR-V Black Navigator, 2.7L petrol
              LINDA so the navigator is not the surf
              (\__/)
              (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
              (")_(")

Comment

Yes they do make a 2.7 petrol surf in a 4 cylinder, have seen a few in the Japanese auctions.

Comment

I nearly bought a 2.7 petrol Surf but when I started looking for insurance cover nobody would quote as they said no 2.7 petrol engined Surfs are listed. So I bought the 3.0 diesel instead. Wise move!!!!!!
                  Visit all the Surfin Elkhounds at [url="http://www.malenibo.co.uk/"]www.malenibo.co.uk[/url]

Comment

2.7 was available with the 3rd Gen models from '96
                    Maurice
                    Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

My Hilux Surf is indeed a 2.7L Petrol engine. I lived in Tokyo for two years between March 2001 and March 2003. I bought my Surf new direct from Tokyo Toyota, the 2.7L was the only petrol option. A Black Navigator is a special edition Hilux Surf, obviously black , Black windows, alloy wheels, TV/ Sat Nav (which doesn't work in the UK unfortunately ), special "silver" dashboard trim etc (see pics).

I bought it back to the UK with me when I relocated back, the insurance companies that I contacted all said "2.7? Haven't got one of those listed!", but both Tesco's and Lifesure went off to the underwriters and came back with quotes, Lifesure being the best and my current insurer.

Steven Eagall at Bletchley are fine with parts, not that I've needed much yet, just a plastic cover broken when the SVA people couldn't remove it properly , and a paint stick. They just took my chassis number and bought a listing up on the computer, the same with the paint colour. Fine service, delivered when they said they would.

It's been the best motor I've ever bought, just approaching 3 yrs old with about 18,000 miles on the clock.

rgds

Bryan
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Bryan; 24 June 2004, 08:21.

Comment

Vehicle: 2001 SSR-V Black Navigator, 2.7L petrol
                        LINDA so the navigator is not the surf

Oops - was looking at Kitesurf Phils post"!! Derrsss.

Oh and back to the point - nothing but praise for my local Toyota (Inchcape Toyota at Basingstoke) No issue dealing with an import, they ordered the parts which were delivered on time 2 days later, bit more pricey than same items from Milner of Roughtrax, but I was willing to pay that as I wanted genuine parts.
                        Last edited by Linda; 24 June 2004, 12:26.
                        Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

The Toy dealers in Bath and Warminster (Roman Toyota) are fine with imports too. Had oil + air filters, brake pads from them and they also changed a leaking driveshaft oil seal on the front diff.

Comment

Working...
                          X