Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pos terminal of ignition

Hi Boys

trying to wire a guage up, it says one wire to +pos of the ignition, being no lecky and can see sweet F.A even though I've got the barrel exposed but still in situ can anyone tell me which colour wire I'm looking for here. I've already tried downloading wiring diagrams from Mattf's site but 3kb a fortnight isn't going to get me sorted in the morning.

I don't want to try wiring into something else as whoever had the truck previously has all kinds of coloured wiring on the go under there and it looks like there's only the ignition they haven't messed with, so its my turn now. TiA H

Permanent 12v is either of the white wires.
    Ignition 'on' 12v is black wire with yellow stripe.

Comment

Cheers Bushy

will finish this off in the morning, thought it was the brown one, tried the search, Matts site and others but just getting teed off with it, I suppose it'll be best to connect to the ig on one then rather than the whites, thoughts? cheers Hazzo

Comment

Originally posted by Hazzo View Post
        Cheers Bushy

will finish this off in the morning, thought it was the brown one, tried the search, Matts site and others but just getting teed off with it, I suppose it'll be best to connect to the ig on one then rather than the whites, thoughts? cheers Hazzo
        Most gauges are ignition 12v anyway (Black/yellow stripe) unless it's a clock you're fitting, then it'll require both.

Comment

if your stuck, i will check in the morning the colours of my cables as i have a boost gauge, and temp gauge wired into ingnition "ON"....

Comment

OK folks

will go for ig on. Its a nightmare trying to do stuff like this as I have to wear my reading specs to see, too close and its out of focus, then without them its still oof, determining what goes where and how it fits is mostly guesswork. I took a small plate off the new cylinder head the other day as it was upside down and I couldn't read it, getting it within reading distance it stated, "warranty void if removed"Hazzo

Comment

Working...
            X