missus would like a vitara

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• missus would like a vitara

she likes the jlx viatara, hard top, in black.

typical.

should i surprise her with one as a xmas present???
    My Surf eats knuckles for breakfast!

yes
    am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Originally posted by che2318 View Post
      she likes the jlx viatara, hard top, in black.

typical.

should i surprise her with one as a xmas present???
      Funny that - I was thinking of doing the same thing!
      I was gonna buy a non-runner on the cheap, sort it out in my spare time (not that I'll get much of that once I'm back on my teacher training course in September!) and give it to her once she passes her driving test...

Comment

Originally posted by Rustinho View Post
        Funny that - I was thinking of doing the same thing!
        I was gonna buy a non-runner on the cheap, sort it out in my spare time (not that I'll get much of that once I'm back on my teacher training course in September!) and give it to her once she passes her driving test...

i saw a 300 pound one on ebay that needs doing up if you wanna look at it.

if i had the time to do one up i would but i barely get enough time to tinker with the surf let alone a vitara.

ill see how kind i feel when it gets near xmas! lol

Comment

i saw a 300 pound one on ebay that needs doing up if you wanna look at it.

if i had the time to do one up i would but i barely get enough time to tinker with the surf let alone a vitara.

ill see how kind i feel when it gets near xmas! lol
          I'm watching quite a few on fleabay at the mo.

Thought this one looked ok too...
          http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/1826648.htm

Would prefer an auto (well, it is the missus driving!! lol ) cos it's easier for off-roading if you've got one less thing to worry about.

No serious chance of actually buying anything til the autumn though.
          Last edited by Rustinho; 1 July 2010, 14:05.

Comment

does look good.

nice price too.

Comment

does look good.

nice price too.
              Yep. Ready to go off-roading in. I've been looking around at Vitaras since the Jap & Jeep Jam a few weeks ago.

The missus had never driven anything on 4 wheels at all before. Not even driving a car on the driveway or whatever. I asked if she fancied a go on the off-road course and she said yes.

Had a quick zip around the field so she got used to the controls and off we went onto the off-road course and she had a whale of a time! Instant conversion to driving 4x4s and she decided she wanted one. Having had a bit of a scout around we've come to the conclusion that a 1600 Vitara is probably the best balance of insurance costs, etc, so it's probably the way to go.

Hopefully, come the autumn, once we've got a bit of cash we'll see whats around and take the plunge!

Comment

Originally posted by Rustinho View Post
                Yep. Ready to go off-roading in. I've been looking around at Vitaras since the Jap & Jeep Jam a few weeks ago.

The missus had never driven anything on 4 wheels at all before. Not even driving a car on the driveway or whatever. I asked if she fancied a go on the off-road course and she said yes.

Had a quick zip around the field so she got used to the controls and off we went onto the off-road course and she had a whale of a time! Instant conversion to driving 4x4s and she decided she wanted one. Having had a bit of a scout around we've come to the conclusion that a 1600 Vitara is probably the best balance of insurance costs, etc, so it's probably the way to go.

Hopefully, come the autumn, once we've got a bit of cash we'll see whats around and take the plunge!

my missus lives on a farm so she has driven a number of 4x4's but for some reason likes the viatara, think its cos of the small compact size?

1.6 is good for her insurance too.

but only wants a hard top since the soft top is easy to tear.

Comment

Working...
                X