@Bushwhacker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @Bushwhacker

Vince, Got a weird thing going on with my Lexus, just wondering if you've come across this before.

Got an AFM from that breaker (have your connector, still looking for the nuts!) we spoke about.

I took the AFM off my Lex, which was running fine, and fitted the one from the breaker. That one was perfect too, car ran smooth as a smooth thing, so I re-fitted my original one. Once that was on, the car ran like a bag of sh1te, wouldn't rev, wouldn't idle properly and the CEL was on. Re-fitted the one from the breaker and all was well.

I'll swap them over again in the morning, when the temperatures will all be equal, see how that goes. But in the meantime, any suggestions?
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Must be the season for AFMs going kaput, the one I have here has just packed in on the way to the MOT station.

Your problem could be something simple like a bad connection at the multiplug, but as you've disconnected the plug a couple of times, the ECU is detecting a fault.
    Do the diagnostics check, same as the Surf, TE1 and E1 ignition on count the flashes. AFM problem is code 31, which is what I have.

http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/intro/codereading.html

Going hunting on-line for a new AFM now, and an oil pressure sensor.........

Comment

The GS300 AFM is the same part number. The breaker I use has one of those too.

I'm hoping it's a temperature disparity thing, will find out in the morning.

Comment

Nope, still won't run with my original AFM. Tried the battery disconnect to clear the ECU, but still no worky. bl00dy weird!

Comment

Working...
        X