No announcement yet.

What faceplates and mods for my clocks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What faceplates and mods for my clocks?

Hi, I got my donor set of clocks that I'm going to fit with white dials but I have a few questions.

What colour backlight should I use with white dials? I have red interior so I was thinking red to match?

Is there a way to return the rev counter to it's rest position? I think the speedo will be easy enough as it only goes so far anti-clockwise before it stops (it's the mechanical type) Mostly devices like the rev counter will go to their rest position when the power supply is attached, does anyone know the pinouts for this as if I don't want to have to keep taking the clocks out to reset it to the right place!

Which dial set should I get? Lockwood seem to be well thought of.

Should I do the temp gauge mod? It's listed HERE.

In case you need to know I have the pre-facelift 2nd gen and as such the rev counter has a rest pin and the speedo is mechanical.

Thanks,

Ray.
    I've got a plan and it's as hot as my pants!

To set the tacho needle if removed, just switch on ignition then re-fit the needle @ zero.
    The cable driven speedo needle rests @ zero anyway, even without a stop pin.

Comment

Originally posted by lord_flashart View Post
      Hi, I got my donor set of clocks that I'm going to fit with white dials but I have a few questions.

What colour backlight should I use with white dials? I have red interior so I was thinking red to match?

Is there a way to return the rev counter to it's rest position? I think the speedo will be easy enough as it only goes so far anti-clockwise before it stops (it's the mechanical type) Mostly devices like the rev counter will go to their rest position when the power supply is attached, does anyone know the pinouts for this as if I don't want to have to keep taking the clocks out to reset it to the right place!

Which dial set should I get? Lockwood seem to be well thought of.

Should I do the temp gauge mod? It's listed HERE.

In case you need to know I have the pre-facelift 2nd gen and as such the rev counter has a rest pin and the speedo is mechanical.

Thanks,

Ray.
      All a question of personal taste really but I would say this:

If you are colour 'percepted' to Red & Green like me, which is the most common form of colour blindness, using Red might be a problem for you. Red can often appear blurry depending on level of perception of the individual.
      Just a thought Ray.

The temp guage mod does seem to be a bit of a do. I would ask myself, "do I really need to do it?"

Regards
      Tony
      Last edited by TOYOTATONY; 1 July 2010, 00:03.

Comment

Thanks guys, the only reason I thought the temp gauge mod would be a good idea is that I've seen a lot of threads about people fitting aftermarket ones and I thought while I have the clocks out with no time limit I could do the mod and it would make it more accurate and would mean an aftermarket one is not necessary.

As for colours, another good point, well made! I am OK with all light colours as far as I'm aware but I will check.

There are some superbright, colour changeable sets I think but I don't know what they are called, can you help? That way I can choose any colour as and when I see fit!

Thanks,

Ray.

Comment

For anyone interested in updating the interior clocks and panels I found THIS on the Australian eBay site.

He ships to the UK for $9 (Australian) and he sells them to the UK regularly.

Obviously this is for the pre-facelift 2nd Gen and certain pickups only.

Thanks,

Ray.

Comment

Working...
          X