sluggish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sluggish

My old truck seems to be a tad sluggish when I hit the kick down, I service it regular and only give it a blow out once in a while, usually after a redex injection!!. its done 170,000miles and had a new head fitted from stevo about 3 years ago, but I have only recently noticed the difference. Any pointers appreciated.

Nick

Changethd fuel filter and wind the elastic band up.
    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

New injectors?
      Exhaust blocked?
      Turbo boost pipe leaking boost?
      Waste gate stuck open?

Handbrake on?
      Superman blowing gail force wind on you?
      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

i was about to post a similar thread.
        from cold in the morning mines is fine but after after done 20 miles to work it seems to get sluggish on inclines. so much so that if pulling away from a standstill up a small hill around town it crawls away when its hot.

its fine on the same hill when cold.

Comment

Originally posted by t1z3r View Post
          i was about to post a similar thread.
          From cold in the morning mines is fine but after after done 20 miles to work it seems to get sluggish on inclines. So much so that if pulling away from a standstill up a small hill around town it crawls away when its hot.

Its fine on the same hill when cold.
          egr valve stuck open?
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

not that im aware of. head was replaced less than 3k miles ago and all seemed well. the tunnel in the floor gets really warm after a few miles driving. could that be related?
            Last edited by T1z3R; 30 June 2010, 20:43.

Comment

Originally posted by T1z3R View Post
              not that im aware of. head was replaced less than 3k miles ago and all seemed well. the tunnel in the floor gets really warm after a few miles driving. could that be related?
              Mine gets warm too. The gearbox is there. Has this been a recent occurance or just since the head was replaced? May be a vac hose is wrong and the turbo isnt poviding boost to the inlet manifold?
              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

it wasnt like this before the head swap. but as i say its fine when its cold.

i used photos from here and the aussie site when putting it back together so everything should be in the right places.

Comment

Working...
                X