No announcement yet.

Overheating - Worst it could be

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it is on an 'R' plate, so i think that is a '98.

is it gonna make any difference on the diganosis of what the problem might be.

Comment

It'll be a 3rd gen, and their radiators have finer fins so they get clogged up more easily.
      Has it been mud plugging? if so it's probably just the radiator that needs cleaning.
      Ask the seller to take some photos of the rad from the front, if he's genuine he won't mind.

Comment

Originally posted by batesy16 View Post
        it is on an 'R' plate, so i think that is a '98.

is it gonna make any difference on the diganosis of what the problem might be.
        For my money, I doubt it. Must always look to worse case scenario.
        However, being a '98 3.0 does change the potential value considerably!
        I've seen many a '96-'98 3rd gens selling for £3,500-£6,000!
        Admittedly on 'the forecourt' but private sales arn't far behind.
        Kinda makes the £1,700 asking price a bit more realistic I think?

I suspect the seller knows exactly what's wrong with it & if he/she can't repair it, a garage has probably quoted some astronomical figure that he/she either can't, or won't live with. No surprise there then!

There will still be a considerable amount of hastle & lost time going for something like this however, due to your location in regard to Portsmouth, i.e. transportation costs, buying head & the umpteen extras you need to complete this task. All that before you can find out what else might be faulty!! All this must be taken into account! There is always a price to pay for 'a bargain'! Caveat Emptor!

If you are not experienced in this sort of thing, then the advice already given is likely to be the right course of action & that is:

Walk away! Plenty more of these truly amazing machines are out there!

Just be a little patient batesy16, do some more searching & it'll all work out fine. The advice from certain members on this site should be heeded & are always willing to help! These guys really know their stuff!

Regards
        Tony

Comment

:nods: I'd buy a 98' with fawked head for £1700.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

my s reg 98 intercooled was £4500 and i reacon i got it cheap so i'm with Tony on this buy it and fit a new head and you'll have a great truck at a cheap price
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Working...
            X