Fuel filter?/Lift pump?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel filter?/Lift pump?

Had a few drinks yesterday with family and friends at our bbq and someone wanted a look round the surf, no problems, then in our drunken state we realised that my truck has NO fuel filter and lift pump???? how does this work? and can i re-fit a new lift pump with filter?
    I will have a look later at the pipework and post pics.

Cheers, James
    My brakes dont work, so i made the horn louder.

It only needs the lift/primer pump if you run out of diesel or change the filter, the fuel pump will probably start the truck in the end if you try long enough, once there is no air in the system it'll not need the primer.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

So it can run ok without the lift pump? i dont like the idea of no filter though, does the lift pump have anything to do with keeping pressure in the system when its stood or stopping the fuel running back through the lines back to the tank?
      Cheers, James

Comment

Nah, its literally a primer pump for when changing the filter or running out of fuel. The fuel pump on the motor is 'self pumping' as it where.
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Cheers for that pal, puts my mind at rest a bit now.

Comment

I wouldn't be happy running without a fuel filter.

Comment

Originally posted by wishbone View Post
              I wouldn't be happy running without a fuel filter.
              What about the truck Rob.Not sure what your into wanting to run about with a fuel filter and i don't want to know where you'll put it..
              https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Haha - only thing you'll see me running to in this weather is the fridge for a beer...

Comment

Working...
                X