X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how much can i carry IN my surf?

Hello!

A quick question for the collective!

Does anyone know what weight i can carry in my surf?
    i need to pick up 300 bricks from Cardiff, about 200 miles from me. I think they will weigh just under a tonne. I am up from fitting them in my beast, shes a work horse anyway, but i dont want over stress her or be dangerous!

Any advice will be greatly appreciated..

Claire

PS come on England!!!

According to comments on this thread, http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/forums/sho...hlight=payload
    max payload is 610Kg, altough others have carried more.
    On a journey of 200 miles I would be rather wary of greatly exceeding this weight.
    One comment on that thread is that as its based on the pick-up which has a payload of 1 ton, the Surf should also be ok with that, however one of the major differences between them is that the pick-up uses leaf springs, which endow a far greater load carring capacity than the Surfs coil springs.

Personally I would not reccomend you carry the weight you are considering.
    Maurice
    Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs Spratt
      Hello!

A quick question for the collective!

Does anyone know what weight i can carry in my surf?
      i need to pick up 300 bricks from Cardiff, about 200 miles from me. I think they will weigh just under a tonne. I am up from fitting them in my beast, shes a work horse anyway, but i dont want over stress her or be dangerous!

Any advice will be greatly appreciated..

Claire

PS come on England!!!

Hi Claire,
      from what i seem to remeber from previous threads, that wieght should,nt be a problem for the "beast", but i,m sure someone will be along with the exact facts and figures soon

ship

Comment

thanx dude!

Comment

Originally posted by ship
          Hi Claire,
          from what i seem to remeber from previous threads, that wieght should,nt be a problem for the "beast", but i,m sure someone will be along with the exact facts and figures soon

ship
          oops, seems my memory is failing, but at least i was right bout one of our more enlightened members coming along soon

ship

p.s. don,t listen to me>

Comment

Claire

I've had tons more than 300 bricks in my girl - no hassles!!!

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Loads

Hi

I've had 950kg in my car without a problem - however, I was only travelling a mile or two. With that distance, I don't think I would carry that inside the car.

Could you put half in the car and tow the other half in a trailer?

Comment

You would better to put this sort of load in a trailor but make sure you use a braked trailer as unbraked ones can not exceed 750kg gross..Anyway you dont want to damage your pride and joy do you.
                Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Comment

dunno about bricks - but it carries my wife without groaning too much
                  Dave

Comment

cheers everyone for your thoughts...

Draig - groan!! its a dirty joke but some-one had to make it!! te he!

Claire

Comment

Working...
                    X