Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi all and insurance problems

Hi there
    I've just bought myself a '93 3.0D Surf and I've been very impressed so far. There are a few niggles I need to get sorted (the tail door open light is on, it needs a body lift and suspension lift, winch fitted, air con sorted, cruise control fixed and a few other bits).

The main problem I am having at the moment is with the insurance. It seems that while 93 3.0 surfs with a manual gearbox are listed on the insurance companies database and I can get a quote for £181 fully comp...mine has an autobox and according to several of the big brand insurers it doesn't exist!

If any one else has a Gen2 3.0 with an autobox could you let me know who you are insured with?

Regards
    TFB

Hi and welcome, sorry for the delay in approving your first post but we have had a few problems with the forum.

Have alook here for insurance companys
    http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1311
    I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

welcome dude
      am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Sky Insurance! (internet arm of Chaucer !) google itmate you will be surprised !I got a better price than last year !
        Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

Insurance does seem to have got a bit silly this year...

My renewal from LV came through at about £430 and decided to do a search on various comparison sites. Best I got elsewhere was about £700. Oops.

Comment

Originally posted by TFB View Post
            Hi there
            I've just bought myself a '93 3.0D Surf and I've been very impressed so far. There are a few niggles I need to get sorted (the tail door open light is on, it needs a body lift and suspension lift, winch fitted, air con sorted, cruise control fixed and a few other bits).

The main problem I am having at the moment is with the insurance. It seems that while 93 3.0 surfs with a manual gearbox are listed on the insurance companies database and I can get a quote for £181 fully comp...mine has an autobox and according to several of the big brand insurers it doesn't exist!

If any one else has a Gen2 3.0 with an autobox could you let me know who you are insured with?

Regards
            TFB
            Hi i had the same prob insuring mine lots of databases it does not exist got mine insured with NFU for 300 full comp in the end

Comment

Ended up going with Lifesure, £290 fully comp - protected no claims, windscreen cover, lowish excess etc.

Regards

TFB

Comment

Working...
              X