No announcement yet.

Heater Control Illumination

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

popeye done a fantastic job on my '96 3rd gen's too!
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
      popeye done a fantastic job on my '96 3rd gen's too!
      Vince, did those wide angle leds work on the dash after? (If you tried them) I fancy trying some wide angle replacements as it's a quick replacement job!

Comment

Originally posted by Surfboy View Post
        Vince, did those wide angle leds work on the dash after? (If you tried them) I fancy trying some wide angle replacements as it's a quick replacement job!
        Ooh yeah, I forgot all about those.
        I fitted them and look great, very nice white backlighting. Trouble is the truck is five miles away in storage and I haven't any photos. (Thats Popeye's photo above)
        I'll get a photo for you by the end of the week.

Comment

I will still do the heaters if you can send me one (or your original if you dont mind being without for a week) got some stuff to do for honest al but aint got round to makeing a start as i've been pretty ill last couple of weeks, and just to top it off i got a parking ticket at the docs this morn, pi$$ing down and blowing a hooligan no where to park so i bumped the truck up onto a "grassy knoll" being late for the appointment due to looking for a space,
          still 35quid for some pennicillin aint bad
          Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
            I will still do the heaters if you can send me one (or your original if you dont mind being without for a week) got some stuff to do for honest al but aint got round to makeing a start as i've been pretty ill last couple of weeks, and just to top it off i got a parking ticket at the docs this morn, pi$$ing down and blowing a hooligan no where to park so i bumped the truck up onto a "grassy knoll" being late for the appointment due to looking for a space,
            still 35quid for some pennicillin aint bad
            Hi Ian,
            I know that one! I was late for an appointment, parked the car as safely as i could I came back and no ticket. I got a letter to tell me i had to report to the station, Once there i was informed about a parking offence. £115 fine and three points! Oh well lesson learnt don't give the Traffic warden a chance or they will nick ya!!!
            I'M ALWAYS IN THE SH'T, IT'S ONLY THE DEPTH THAT VARIES!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tonupteabag View Post
              Hi Ian,
              I know that one! I was late for an appointment, parked the car as safely as i could I came back and no ticket. I got a letter to tell me i had to report to the station, Once there i was informed about a parking offence. £115 fine and three points! Oh well lesson learnt don't give the Traffic warden a chance or they will nick ya!!!
              Around here the local traffic wardens have those little Smart cars fitted with mobile cameras (looks a bit like the google streetview cars) and they drive around booking people automatically using an ANPR system and send the fines in the post.

Still, I suppose it's the way of the world these days.

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
                I will still do the heaters if you can send me one (or your original if you dont mind being without for a week)
                Can you contact me on lyndon4654 at gmail dot com please? No PM sorry

cheers

Comment

Ooh yeah, I forgot all about those.
                  I fitted them and look great, very nice white backlighting. Trouble is the truck is five miles away in storage and I haven't any photos. (Thats Popeye's photo above)
                  I'll get a photo for you by the end of the week.
                  Do you know the fitting type for the 3rd Gen? I am having difficulty finding the info anywhere on the internet.

cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by Surfboy View Post
                    Do you know the fitting type for the 3rd Gen? I am having difficulty finding the info anywhere on the internet.

cheers!
                    I used these...
                    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-T10-12-L...item415daa7b4a

You'll need two pairs. I left the low fuel light as it is.
                    They replace the glass bulb in the holders in the back of the gauge cluster. Twist out the plastic bulb holders, pull the glass bulb from the holder, (a good grip needeed here!) and insert the new LED 'bulb'
                    Check that they illuminate before installing the cluster back into the dash. If they don't, just twist out the holder, rotate it 180 degrees and refit.

Comment

I used these...
                      http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-T10-12-L...item415daa7b4a

You'll need two pairs. I left the low fuel light as it is.
                      They replace the glass bulb in the holders in the back of the gauge cluster. Twist out the plastic bulb holders, pull the glass bulb from the holder, (a good grip needeed here!) and insert the new LED 'bulb'
                      Check that they illuminate before installing the cluster back into the dash. If they don't, just twist out the holder, rotate it 180 degrees and refit.
                      Lovely, thanks Vince

Comment

Working...
                      X