Stung.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stung.

I bought some tyres on Monday through a friend who runs AJS 4x4 Tyres in Tadworth. I had done my research and was expecting to pay round £100 including VAT per tyre. So I discuss the General Grabber and he tells me theyre £107 each. I didn't mind paying a small premium as they are from a shop and not an internet site. But they were £107 plus VAT, to which I agreed to, being on the spot and not wanting to turn it down after all the discussion before hand...

Camskill can get the same tyres for £98 including VAT plus small amount of postage costs.

I find out today that Northants Tyres can get them for £105 including VAT (where my wheels are from) then I wouldnt need any delivery charges.

Bummer!

I enquired about cancelling the order - even if I were to pay a restocking fee I would be better off. But they don't want to know as they had to order them in and they have arrived already.

At least if any of them have a fault, that I can take them locally

Well worth the £130 if you ask me
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

I guess he won't be getting a Xmas card this year?

Comment

hehe no. And neither will I be going back to their shop. I think they stung me because I drive a Toyota and not a Landrover.
      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Ive priced mine up at my local tyre place, 265/70/16 AT2's, fitted & ballanced for £106 each.

I'll have a bit of that thankyou very much.
        If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

I've found them locally from Good Tread in Alness for £100 a corner fitted and balanced, in saying that I have an old mate from school who owns an mot garage in Glasgow doing a wee search for me, fingers crossed .

Paul

Comment

gotta get mine in devon somewhere, will start research for it soon.
            My Surf eats knuckles for breakfast!

Comment

Unless you have payed up front what are they going to do?
              just walk away.
              Nissan Patrol for on-road, and a Land-Rover 110 shed for off-road :-)

Comment

Needed a couple of tyres on mine a couple of months back, local tyre place quoted £98 inc vat, fitting and balance for Grabbers and £105 inc vat for BFGs. Got the BFGs.

Spoggle

Comment

got mine from AJ's there price includes fitting, when you buy from camskill they are cheaper co you have to get them fitted.
                  RSR do for £110.00 fitted
                  SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Originally posted by charvell View Post
                    got mine from AJ's there price includes fitting, when you buy from camskill they are cheaper co you have to get them fitted.
                    RSR do for £110.00 fitted
                    I'm not sure if they state that as free fitting, the price was the same with or without as I specified without.
                    It isn't too much of a big deal, just now I know there are plenty of other, cheaper places I will go elsewhere in the future

Where have you been charvell? Havent seen you around on here or on the road!
                    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
                    X