1watt blue laser £150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1watt blue laser £150

Last time I looked into buying a laser, it was 300mw and was going to cost around £200+. Just seen that wickedlasers are now making a 1 watt laser (seriously powerful) for cheaper than the green one I looked into. The 300mw can burn, pop balloons providing the target is dark coloured.

This 1 watt laser.. I cant even think how this would look.

http://www.wickedlasers.com/lasers/S...ies-96-37.html

Where is Laserjock?
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Know this may sound daft but, what the hell you gonna do with a laser? Unless your going to change your name to 'Goldfinger', ah.Mr.Bond

Spoggle

Comment

it would be a sure way of stopping that cat shittttting in my garden!
      My Surf eats knuckles for breakfast!

Comment

It's pretty pointless. It's only good for things you can shine it on. This blue lazer is so powerful anything indoors would probably cause eye damage, unless you have a very very big front room

If you liked setting fire to things, then this would be for you.
        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
          It's pretty pointless. It's only good for things you can shine it on. This blue lazer is so powerful anything indoors would probably cause eye damage, unless you have a very very big front room

If you liked setting fire to things, then this would be for you.

I would like to point out to our younger viewers, that know their parent's credit card details, that he is only joking.

Comment

The 300mw can burn, pop balloons providing the target is dark coloured.
            Ask mummy for a pin, they are very cheap and can pop all colours of balloon, not just dark ones.
            Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
              Ask mummy for a pin, they are very cheap and can pop all colours of balloon, not just dark ones.
              People have been doing that for centuries. This is the new way of popping balloons. It's the future
              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20100616/...o-870a197.html

Comment

It's actually worrying what people could do with one, after reading the comments on the link above.
                  I would still like to play with one, think the novelty would wear off. When the red ones were popular in the late 90s I had a quite decent <1mw, and could shine it on a building at the end of the street.
                  I don't think dangeous things like that should be available so easy - could be considered as dangerous as a firearm when looked at from this perspective.

I still want to see how far it goes at night, and if it can draw patterns on clouds.

After that though, there is nothing unless you took it camping.
                  Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

I have a green one thats ok but also have 2 IR lasers that i use with my NV when shooting and they burn things

Comment

Pffft!

I used to work with a team that had one which could destroy optical coatings, and hence optics at 'a few km' range.
                      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                        Pffft!

I used to work with a team that had one which could destroy optical coatings, and hence optics at 'a few km' range.
                        I managed to shine my red one into a camera once. The display went pure white once I centred it! Soon as I took it away again the picture come back.

You can get away with things like that when your a kid though. The laser you are talking about, was that permenant damage?
                        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

The laser you are talking about, was that permenant damage?
                          Generally speaking, once something is destroyed, it's permenantly damaged.
                          Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                            Pffft!

Target designator AH64D by any chance ?
                            Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                              Generally speaking, once something is destroyed, it's permenantly damaged.
                              Thats what I thought, just hard to comprehend something doing that. Unless it physically burned the inside of the camera.
                              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
                              X