General Grabber AT2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General Grabber AT2

Can anyone who has experience with this tyre comment on their good or bad points?
    It doesn't look like I am able to get any BF Goodrich 33" x 1250 x15" at all, so the AT2 in the same size is looking to be the subsitute.

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur...26tbs%3Disch:1
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
    Can anyone who has experience with this tyre comment on their good or bad points?
    It doesn't look like I am able to get any BF Goodrich 33" x 1250 x15" at all, so the AT2 in the same size is looking to be the subsitute.

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur...26tbs%3Disch:1

Tried using the search facility?
    They have been talked about loads of times.

And yes I have them on both trucks, 15" and 18" diameters and will buy them again.

Comment

Thanks BUSHWHACKER. Sorry I didn't use the search on this site, but have been using google. I'm going to pop up there now to take a look for myself.
      Thanks for the quick post - I'll do a quick search before I leave.

Cheers!
      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Great tyre for the money, ran them on my first surf.
        Brian

Comment

Eyup Yoshie, do you still have those Enduro tyres on ? how are they fairing ?
          Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

Think so John if you fitted them then they have done well.
            Will probably need changed sometime this year, will probably go for the GG AT2s
            Brian

Comment

They were Savero's If I remember rightly, I put them on for the MOT as I couldn't get the grabbers that had been ordered in time. The tyre depot had been fitting them on the Hilux pick-ups and offered me a 'Deal' thanks for the feedback
              Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

I had them on my 3:0 V6 petrol Surf from February 2007 until I sold the Surf in April 2010.

They are fantastic tyres, good grip, handling and low noise at motorway speeds. They last a long time and look rather good as well.
                I was going to buy some general grabbers for my new truck* but I was told they would not fit due to clearance problems .... I have since done a 2” Old Man Emu lift (coils & shocks) so will certainly consider either them or BFG next time.

*A black 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited, 2.7 Mercedes turbo / intercooled diesel engine... great on fuel and a good reliable truck and everything works fine!
                Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

Just bought 5 x General Grabber AT2s. They don't look as nice with the lettering as the BFGs though, but they'll do. Apart from that they're pretty much the same appearance wise.

Just need to buy one 15" by 10" steel rim now as a spare
                  Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Just bought 5 x General Grabber AT2s. They don't look as nice with the lettering as the BFGs though, ......

Look fine to me.

Comment

My uncle has the AT2's fitted on his Mazda pickup, he rates them really well, not tried them myself yet but I will be considering them when I eventually need to change.
                      Neal

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                        Look fine to me.
                        They do there I suppose! I see them on a white Land Rover at the shop and it didn't fill me with confidence.
                        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

The shop explained to me that BFG's arn't top any more like they used to be. They have changed the compound and are prone to more failure. Whereas General's have worked to be better than BFGs for some time, they are now making a better all round tyre. All though they won't last as long as the BFGs the ride is better, they will work better on wet tarmac and be just as good if not better on dirt / mud / gravel.

Apparently.

I have seen years ago that you can get white tyre paint for the lettering. I had a brief thought that I might try to fill in the letters on the Generals with this paint. The lettering is already outlined for me. What do you think?
                          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

I have seen years ago that you can get white tyre paint for the lettering. I had a brief thought that I might try to fill in the letters on the Generals with this paint. The lettering is already outlined for me. What do you think?
                            Depends on how much of a poser you are I reckon! lol

In my experience (admittedly on motorbikes as opposed to Surfs) the paint wears off and it isn't worth the effort.

Comment

Working...
                            X