Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• after market exhausts

anyone had experience with poor fit?

I have a "blueprint" rear pipe and centre silencer.

the rear pipe touches the chasis where it goes over the rear axle, can't see how I can make it fit without new longer rubbers which I am reluctant to do and maybe altering brackets

may return and go for the milners one....what are they like...notice roughtrax are more expensive but they suggest theirs are original fitment??

i haven't heard of this before on here but i may of missed the threads if it has been posted.I take it this exhaust was bought from Ebay then.
    I would go with roughtrax or milners myself as you know they supply the right stuff (should do)
    Roughtrax i prefer with stuff like this as you get what you pay for.
    Can't you just bend the mount brackets down a bit or fit bigger rubbers rather than go through the hassle of sending it all back and getting another.The rubbers shouldn't cost much anyway
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Personally I'd give these guys (or similar) a shout. Stainless steel, fit it & forget it.

http://www.longlife.co.uk/

If you search the forum (search function is just above the first post on a thread) you should find a few peoples experiences of getting stainless 'zorsts & where they got them from...

Comment

A friend of mine had a poor fit issue with the Milner one so you can't always tell. He had to get it fitted for the MOT though so he couldn't send it back.

Mine was custom made in Bridport, Dorset (can't remember who by) and is stainless. I didn't spec it, it came from another truck so it's all standard size but at least it won't rust!

Thanks,

Ray.
        I've got a plan and it's as hot as my pants!

Comment

I've had to jump up and down on a few Milners ones to get them to fit, Roughtrax have always been perfect.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
            I've had to jump up and down on a few Milners ones to get them to fit, Roughtrax have always been perfect.

Yeah, everyone I have pointed to Roughtrax have received exhausts that have been the right shape.

Thanks,

Ray.
            I've got a plan and it's as hot as my pants!

Comment

now getting worried was going to order milners shortly but sounds like I will be in the same boat....sure i could bounce the "blueprint" one into shape but you should not have to and then if still doesn't fit no refund??

Blueprint is from a local factors and not ebay and are supposed to be higher end quality

Comment

Roughtrax rear section caused same issues on my 3rd gen.

A little heat and bending of the hanger brackets and it was all good.
                Brian

Comment

thanks guys having had the blueprint one on and off twice yesterday not wanting to risk more of my time and frustration piddling about with something that aint close

will go with Tony's experince and the roughtrax me thinks although they are 50% dearer but you pays your money......

Comment

I've just recently fitted the roughtrax silencer, it was the non geniune one for £82.00 (old one blew just before the MOT), fitted perfect and sounds better too.
                    Neal

Comment

Got a cheap end piece for my 3rd gen, about £33 I think, blimin terrible, touched the chassis, rattled etc, tried "persuading" it to fit with a lump hammer, but it was never right, went for OEM from roughtrax in the end and it’s a perfect fit with 3yr guarantee. You get what you pay for...

Comment

I had mine custom built. Took the guy a week, but did an awesome job. £500 though.

monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

Mine is in this week getting one made some pics to follow!! £400 all in I have gone for side exit in the rear bumper so it is out the way when off roading

Comment

roughtrax mid and rear, ordered at lunch yesterday and reliably informed is waiting for me when I get home!!

Comment

Whoow just had te call mine will be ready to collect tomorrow! He just said he wa impressed with how it sounds,looking forward to collecting it now!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X