Left or right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by s car go View Post
    Think I'll just stick to left and right or drivers side and passengers side!!!
    Drivers side and passenger side is the only description that can move (or nor exist) never use that!
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Albannach!

I bow to your superior knowledge sir!

Quote Wikipedia
      The terms nearside and offside are equestrian terms meaning left and right respectively, and are used both in LHT countries (e.g., the United Kingdom) and RHT countries (e.g., Denmark). The terms are often used in the British vehicle maintenance industry to mean the left and right hand side of a motor vehicle, but are commonly misunderstood to mean specifically kerbside and non-kerbside. For example in Denmark, the offside is the kerbside.

I have learnt somthing new this evening whilst my wifes brain is stagnating with come dine with me!

Regards

Mark

Comment

The rest of the world really need to get there act together and catch up on driving on the correct side of the road.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Co...t_or_right.svg
        Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
          The rest of the world really need to get there act together and catch up on driving on the correct side of the road.

Yeh! Then all the Frogs here would be sitting on the wrong side of their car and I'd be good in me yota. Bet they'd still overtake on blind corners

Comment

Albannach!

I have learnt somthing new this evening
            Nae worries.

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post

Not what I thought you'd say, but it'll do. All I can say is; remember the carnage when Sweden swapped?! The 'merikans will never manage it...

Comment

Hmmm - this may have potential ...

What sort of attrition rate would we be talking about ? This could be a way to not only give Darwin a helping hand but also reduce global warming !

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

ERRR!!! Yeh thanks for clearing that one up for me,but TBH still have'nt got a clue whats the nearside and off side out here when I'm in me people shifter!!
                  Dont worry, it was confusing for me also. Someone once said to me think of nearside as near to the curb. The same rule doesn't follow for a left hand drive motor though So I always just picture a UK right hand drive car and all is well
                  Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
                    Dont worry, it was confusing for me also. Someone once said to me think of nearside as near to the curb. The same rule doesn't follow for a left hand drive motor though So I always just picture a UK right hand drive car and all is well
                    Did you read the whole thread?

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                      Did you read the whole thread?
                      No. And it shows.
                      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
                        No. And it shows.
                        Yep.